register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spot
Dogsey Veteran

20-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Wont keep answering this but Ive responded to similar accusations re rescues on the other thread - think we should take this part of the discussion there as Ive said.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Would you recommend to someone to buy a puppy from a puppy farmer?
Becky
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
How did Patch get ahead of me????Surely not????
I`ve been working very hard to earn enough to get ahead of you, nyah nyah
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Rescues are in a no win situation, if they dont take dogs in they are called heartless, if they do take in dogs ( ie from puppy farms etc) they are said the be encouraging them. its a very difficult line to walk IMO, at the end of the day rescues are there to RESCUE, wether it is to take an old girl that has been bred to death, or puppies that a breeder has no homes for, they ALL need attending to and given a chance, maybe one day in an ideal world authorities will step in and make it impossible for puppy farmers to exist, or idiots breeding their pet because they think all bitches need at least one litter, or giving their child the experience of seeing the realities of birth, or just people that let their in season bitch run amok while they are at work or at the pub. But until then rescues have a duty this duty is to the DOGS before them, first and formost.

Mo
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 07:11 PM
I'm slightly confused
First you say
Originally Posted by tinkladyv
My son helps me put out there dry food in their bowls and get out the wet food from the fridge etc.
Then you say
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
my son is never with them where he or they eat.
So which is it?
spot
Dogsey Veteran

20-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Would you recommend to someone to buy a puppy from a puppy farmer?
Becky
What?! Ive no idea where this came from or are you suggesting Im a dog dealer as as far as I am aware no one but a dealer would suggest getting a puppy from a puppy farm.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
What?! Ive no idea where this came from or are you suggesting Im a dog dealer as as far as I am aware no one but a dealer would suggest getting a puppy from a puppy farm.
Hi spot, I didnt read it that way, I dont think mahooli is saying that, I think she is saying that if there is a rescue which will take on his spent bitches then by doing so they make way for a new crop of breeding bitches, which in a way is helping them along, its not a win, loose thing, the problems as someone said is rescues have a job and that is to rescue,,,irrelevant of background, but to some it may be like saying,,,,we made way for the next lot, so we dont disagree with the mass production of pups and the over breeding of bitches,
Not sure I put it very well, but its that never ending circle of abuse that is the problem somewhere the chain needs to break in order to make it more difficult, we all say the law this the law that, but in real life the law will drag its feet, so who makes the stand, Im glad Its not a choice I have to make, there is no clear winner for any of the dogs involved, or the pups they sell,
sorry if I didnt put it well but Im sure someone will word it better,,,
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2007, 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
The point I'm making is no sensible person would recommend buying a puppy farm puppy, but then what happens to the puppies? Sometimes you have to sacrifice a few for the benefit of the many. If there were no outlets for puppy farm pups then quite simply the problem would be drastically reduced, but that does mean that at some point a lot of innocent dogs will be destroyed.
Becky
spot
Dogsey Veteran

21-08-2007, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
The point I'm making is no sensible person would recommend buying a puppy farm puppy, but then what happens to the puppies? Sometimes you have to sacrifice a few for the benefit of the many. If there were no outlets for puppy farm pups then quite simply the problem would be drastically reduced, but that does mean that at some point a lot of innocent dogs will be destroyed.
Becky
Then why didnt you put that instead of aiming such a ridiculous and hurtful question at me?

This thread has not been about the puppies from these places but breeders and rescues, why the sudden change of tack?

Again its a whole other subject which is taking this thread off topic and surely better put in the rescue v puppy farmer thread.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2007, 07:29 AM
I'm not going to bother responding to you again, I asked a simple question and you went off on one. I think your views are so set in stone that you can't see what is in front of you.
I will say this. It is NOT reputable breeders who cause a rescue problem so may I suggest you do your best to campaign against the puppy farmers and educate the public on how to buy a puppy responsibly because that is what will get the problem solved not telling people they shouldn't buy puppies or breed.
Becky
Page 30 of 32 « First < 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 >