register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chloe
Dogsey Senior

27-08-2004, 10:49 AM
Perhaps if the original poster hadn't come on with an offensive comment to stir up trouble we wouldn't have all gotten defensive about our decisions and feel we had to justify them so strongly.
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-08-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Murphy
LOL Kathy -quick thinking there
If my thinking had been quick, I wouldnt have posted it wrong in the first place
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2004, 10:51 AM
And yet I still get certain people saying that rescue dogs should never go with kids. Some shouldn't, no, but there are so many that did nothing wrong to end up there. And to think that if these people had their views as "law" then I wouldn't have these two here.
and in fairness I do know of people who have offered to home certain dogs only to be told they cant because they have young children
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2004, 10:52 AM
if people say that Kathy then thats thier opinion if you know it isn't true then rise above it .... like I have done when those were slagging of breeders ..like I said in PM to you ...... I breed for me ..no one else ..and to be honest most folks will have a dig a things they don't always understand.....I have learnt a lot from this thread
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Lel
and in fairness I do know of people who have offered to home certain dogs only to be told they cant because they have young children
Yep, same here. But that is generally because that rescue believed that that dog couldn't be rehomed with kids. In the cases where rescues have a blanket policy though, although I dont agree with it necessarily I can see why.
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-08-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Inca
if people say that Kathy then thats thier opinion if you know it isn't true then rise above it .... like I have done when those were slagging of breeders ..like I said in PM to you ...... I breed for me ..no one else ..and to be honest most folks will have a dig a things they don't always understand.....I have learnt a lot from this thread
So have I
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2004, 10:55 AM
Perhaps if the original poster hadn't come on with an offensive comment to stir up trouble we wouldn't have all gotten defensive about our decisions and feel we had to justify them so strongly
and the fact that they made snidey comments back on the other site about peoples comments made here
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Chloe
Perhaps if the original poster hadn't come on with an offensive comment to stir up trouble we wouldn't have all gotten defensive about our decisions and feel we had to justify them so strongly.
yeap think you hit the nail on the head there we have discussed many issues on this site all good healthy debates...but when this was posted here then slagged off to another side .. me for one was not happy about people who don't even know my first name running me down ,,,and YES I was quoted so it was a personal attack and i'm not a walkover ......
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-08-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Lel
Perhaps if the original poster hadn't come on with an offensive comment to stir up trouble we wouldn't have all gotten defensive about our decisions and feel we had to justify them so strongly
and the fact that they made snidey comments back on the other site about peoples comments made here
I thought we'd moved on since this. It wasn't me guv
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2004, 10:59 AM
no not blaming you but thats not what healthy debating is about as it just gets peoples backs up and puts people on the offensive
Closed Thread
Page 30 of 32 « First < 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 >