View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bullyboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-04-2008, 08:43 PM
have read his books got 2 of his mastering leadership dvds thought the first one was brilliant, got no3 looking for no 2 on ebay
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2008, 10:16 AM
ooo didn't know there was a 3rd book, will have to look out for that. Thanks Bullyboy
bullyboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-04-2008, 10:01 PM
the 3nd book is not done by him but is about all the shows, so not as good
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 09:07 AM
thanks for that, sounds interesting, will still get it I think
bullyboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-04-2008, 06:32 PM
i am enjoying it but not as good as the first two
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
The rescue I took on a few weeks ago was Cesar Millan'd right from the moment we met him. He has been transformed from the dog he was ... no credit to me, all credit should go to Cesar. It is indeed just commonsense, and it WORKS.

From what you said if I remember rightly, didn't you just give a few boundaries? The thing is, that's what most trainers (even those anti CM) would often suggest for a well mannered dog
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by bullyboy View Post
have read his books got 2 of his mastering leadership dvds thought the first one was brilliant, got no3 looking for no 2 on ebay

Áre these new dvds please?

Can I ask what he says about "mastering leadership"?

If you control resources, exercise, give fair boundaries and train your dog, you don't need to do much else

Many people aren't consistent and don't realise how to communicate with their dog, and many can't train their dogs as they still don't know how to.

I think it was Ian Dunbar who said, that if you train an excellent, advanced Sit in the face of distractions, you can actually have a really well behaved dog
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 08:36 AM
There's "giving boundaries" and giving boundaries Wysiwyg! There is a lot more to Cesar than just setting the boundaries. You can set all you like, you have to consistently keep them standing firm and strong with no chinks of weakness ... which is where the calm assertiveness comes in. You set the rules, boundaries and limitations, you reinforce with calm, assertive energy.

I like this so-simple, natural philosophy.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
There's "giving boundaries" and giving boundaries Wysiwyg! There is a lot more to Cesar than just setting the boundaries. You can set all you like, you have to consistently keep them standing firm and strong with no chinks of weakness ... which is where the calm assertiveness comes in. You set the rules, boundaries and limitations, you reinforce with calm, assertive energy.

I like this so-simple, natural philosophy.
"chinks of weakness"... does CM tell owners the dogs will take over as leader if there are any chinks?

Watching his programmes, he often talks about using "calm ssertive" energy after he's frightened a dog into learned helplessness.

Not saying you are scaring your dogs into submission obviously! but he does do that on tv with some of the individual dogs on tv.

Once boundaries have been set, the idea is to keep them - but its easy peasy using just consistency, training, and control of resources.

Most folk don't remain consistent, most don't know how to train or how to control resources, which is much of the problem. And a heck of a lot of people are "overdogged" too

Wys
x
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 12:42 PM
ive seen him looking "S*** scared" of some dogs TBH, blocking a petrified Fear agressive dog with a dustbin, & then lassoing it from a distance whilst it cowered in a corner.At much calm energy there, lots of Scared CM &Scared dog. But if he SAYS its down to his "energy" often enough it becomes truth right? case of Emperors new clothes!!!!?????
Page 30 of 102 « First < 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 40 80 > Last »