Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Did anyone else see the irony of them worrying about the sheep overheating as they were pregnant but the shearers flinging them about like bags of potato's ..
Yep I don't think sheep welfare is possibly as high in Oz and NZ as it could be.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Is there any I player plus one or something I can watch it on?
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Is there any I player plus one or something I can watch it on?
No but its on later tonight 5 past 12
Azz
Administrator
Male 

02-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Yes you can watch it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ogs_Australia/
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Yes you can watch it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ogs_Australia/
Thanks Azz.
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
I was convinced the poor cat was going to die
I thought they were going to film it being ripped to shreds , it pretty nearly was imo

Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Did anyone else see the irony of them worrying about the sheep overheating as they were pregnant but the shearers flinging them about like bags of potato's ..
Not to mention the dog "hurrying" them up. I know time is money but they were hauled out to be shorn and slung out, often onto their knees on a hard surface, when done

Not a great animal welfare episode tonight , as someone else rightly said .
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 10:40 PM
I wasn't keen on those poor sheep not only were they hot but tossed around...I was thinking how many lambs do they loose.
As for the cat......that was heart stopping, poor soul that was more than upsetting to watch

I did enjoy watching the dogs working though.

Only thing I will say...........who the hell owns dogs that walk across the work surfaces and cooker. Im sorry but that would defo not happen here and as for the state of the gardens....mind you I love gardening......but mine are not allowed to mess up like that either. That might sound ''Oh! get her'' but I love my garden and these are not allowed to mess it up...thankfully they don't. I felt sorry for those dogs that poor husky chewing the fence

Can only say lets hope that they both learnt something from their experience and keep it up
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-05-2012, 10:44 PM
That womans other dog will be massive too..
Looked boerboel type...
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2012, 12:29 AM
Agree with everything everyone has said
but
I would so love a couple of dogs, a quad bike, wide open space and a job to do

Hmm do you think we could do big scale agility with quad bikes?? that *might* tire out my dogs
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2012, 06:51 AM
Well I was horrified for the cat (and as has been said, why were people filming it and not helping?!) Thankfully the cat escaped but I was seriously worried for a moment. Not enjoyable viewing.

I agree about the sheep - it was mentioned that their welfare was paramount and yet they were handled very roughly and as they were put back, seemed to land on very hard landing. I saw their legs buckle under them

I thought the alpha rolling was just daft.

On a postive note, lovely to see the dogs working with the sheep and cattle (if you forget that fact that Spice was hurt). I must admit I am a bit scared of cows as I've had the misfortune of being chased a few times, and I don't like to be in the same field with them loose.... I would no way have been in front of them even on quad bikes.

I don't think the girl realised how serious her situation was when she followed the cows into the corral area with her quad ... even the main man looked pretty worried as he tried to help her back out

All in all a dangerous and scary episode for a variety of reasons!!!!!

Wys
x
Page 30 of 43 « First < 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 40 > Last »