Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I'm a size 14, are you saying there is something wrong with a size 14?

I'm bordering on a 12 now mind and I do feel a lot happier than when a 14 was tight and I was the same, would NOT go past 14. A food diary is good because you KNOW that if you pig out you have to go and write it in your diary and that shames you to yourself. Always check how many calories are in what you are scoffing and write it in your diary and then tot up how many cals you are having per day and just try cutting it down. After a while you learn by heart how many most of your fave things are.
Not at all, Kel. I assure you. A 14 is slightly too big for my height and build, I think.

I'm not tall, and a 14 is beginning to get tight, that's why I feel action must be taken now before I shoot up several sizes before I know it!

My mother is a twin, and her sister is of a completely different proportion to her, and different in height and build, my aunt being the taller one. I take after my aunt more than my mother!

If I can get to a 12, and stay there, I'll be happy with that!

Like you have suggested, I started a food diary online tonight, and so far it's not bad at all, I'm quite pleased with it and I haven't gorged at all.

I'm sure just cutting down will have an effect!
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2009, 01:39 PM
my OH has struggled with his weight for years and the only diet that has worked was from weetabix.

you can eat 'normal' foods but the basis is to eat less, eat more veg/fruit and cut out the fat. the beauty of this diet is that the whole family can eat the same food so no more buying different food.

in 8 weeks he lost 1 stone and he is still eating the same size meals and slowly he is reaching his goal weight.

we e-mailed weetabix for the diet sheet.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
....seriously, I do.

I'm fed up with the size I am. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and I'm only going to get heavier if I don't do something about it now.

I've even had comments from people telling me that I look pregnant (even though they know I'm not). That's not good!

I'm a size 14, and even that's beginning to get tight now. I will not go past a 14, if I can get to a size 12, then that's fine, I'll take it from there.

My blood pressure is perfect, no problem there, but the fat is around my middle and I know that's not healthy.

Trouble is, I love food. I can't help myself and I know it's a problem. I'm not always hungry and I know it's all in my head. I know I have a problem with food.

My chest has even got bigger, and that's not a good thing. The size I'm wearing now is getting slightly tight, another sign I have to sort myself out and get a grip of my eating.

I have no motivation and I need a good kick up the a!se, I really do.

It's not a laughing matter any more, I know I need to do something about it now. It's getting me down. I feel totally ugly and unattractive anyway, and the weight is not helping matters.

Huh.

I'm totally with you! I'm the same size and am above the healthy 35" they tell you for your waist line.

The rest of me doesn't look particularly large (although my **** is because I can't get most of my trousers on!!) so I look pregnant too!

Trouble is, I've just been to the wholesaler and got distracted by the catering section with big boxes of sweets and chocolate swiss rolls...

But tomorrow, I start again! haha!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2009, 09:48 PM
I heard about this on the radio:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Juice-Master...2055908&sr=8-1

Apparently, by following his guide you don't want to eat the stuff you shouldn't. And his main point when he was on the radio was 'if it has a label, don't eat it'

Can't say I'm not cyncical but thought I'd pass it on!

Unfortunately I can't even try it because I have IBS and juice and smoothies go straight through me as much as I love them
Angel44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-01-2009, 11:13 PM
This time last year I was awaiting an operation to remove my gall bladder due to gall stones. I was advised to go on a low fat diet as anything with fat would set off my gall stones again and put me back in hospital. After initially craving fat (especially toast spread thickly with butter - mmmm) I got used to my new diet and ended up losing about 15kg's. I went from a size 14 down to an 8.

You need to read the label on everything you buy. I was shocked by how much hidden fat I had been eating. I am still sticking with the low fat diet, but do occassionally allow myself a naughty treat. On the whole I am much healthier, look better and have loads more energy.

Good luck xx
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3