Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by lilyput View Post
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/399...ting-dogs.html

I hope he is prosecuted, although I very much doubt that he will be.

What a spoiled, sick, twisted little git.
Fair comments.

However, I am sure that we each have private opinions of people, formed on previous insights into their behaviour which influence our thoughts on the subject. That is human nature, whether or not you approve of it.

Can I ask why you dont like PE?
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-12-2008, 09:13 PM
It does look like he is about to hit the dog. but he obv didnt because i am damn sure they'd be photo evidence.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
lol you could prob wave a hanky at your lot...or do I have chi's all wrong,. can they be ferocious little beasties..lol

lol ..................to be honest Chis are all mouth. Sometimes there is a load of noise, snarling, snapping and all sorts (usually over something like a piece of toast ). It only takes a loudish "OI" from me and they are all licking and kissing each other, as if to say "It's okay Mum, we love each other really!"

Was just thinking though, sometimes mine will get "spooked" - I think it's because we live next to a field and they probably hear animals etc, so they keep growling, yapping, won't settle, etc. and if they won't listen to "enough" from me then I'll raise a newspaper at them making as much rustling noise as I can. They usually then run for cover and know I've had enough of it. If a photographer caught me doing that, I'd probably be slammed as "Chihuahua beater attacks her pets with newspaper!"

I think it's important not to judge on one picture, unless that picture shows actual contact, so that no dispute can be made.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2008, 09:28 PM
to be honest, I see far worse treatment of dogs every day when on the lead, people yanking the neck of there dogs, some dogs have such a damaged neck they cough and splutter, but people just walk on by, never thinking the treatment is anything other than normal.
lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Can I ask why you dont like PE?
Of course you can.

I think that there are a number of "hangers on" attached to the Royal family who take a sizeable chunk each year from the public purse and there are a few who work hard and earn their keep.

In my mind, he is a prize example of the former.

Of course, this does not make him cruel to dogs. It is simply my personal opinion of him.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Oh so this is why the thread about splitting up fighting dogs!

As has been said, that's what it looks like to me, a 'scare off' swing - "YOU DARE". As has been said if there were a contact shot to be had it would have been had.

JMO but they wouldn't make very good gundogs if they were frightful and nervous dogs.

And depending on the severity of the fight, he'd be well within his boundaries to use the stick as lets face it, a whack on the **** compared to the severity of a bad fight?
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2008, 10:20 PM
to be honest, I see far worse treatment of dogs every day when on the lead, people yanking the neck of there dogs, some dogs have such a damaged neck they cough and splutter, but people just walk on by, never thinking the treatment is anything other than normal.
I've seen that too and it's usually kids or small women trying to control larger dogs who are pulling them!

The worst thing for me is the extendable leads. I had one LARGE dog pulling it's tiny lady owner, who was screaming down the road as she was being dragged along, as the dog was intent on getting to mine! Needless to say, I legged it

Another, a Jack Russell was snapping and snarling on an extendable as I walked by with my little ones. I thought, thank goodness it's on a lead. A minute or so later I heard the owner screaming, looked round and saw her standing there with the extendable lead handle in her hand, with string hanging down and, you guessed it, no dog on the end. It had snapped off! One very nasty JRT was running towards us, snapping and snarling. Thankfully, I only had two of the Chis with me, so was able to pick them up and hold them up high, so the JRT couldn't reach them, but he did try and managed to snap at my Tiani's leg (boy can those doggies jump). No damage done though and the JRT owner was in more of a state than me
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Blinding - no, certainly not! Did it sound like that from my reasoned post on human opinions? Influencing - perhaps just a tad- I am hopefully intelligent enough to see both sides of the argument! I read enough to form judgements but am always open to learning more.

I don't need to be lectured by you either, thank you very much.

I am not lecturing you.. just wondered why you had such a negative opinion on him.. to accuse him of being

What a spoiled, sick, twisted little git.[/QUOTE
Not liking him or feeling he is a lesser royal, does not mean he is a sick twisted git....

And from the article and photo , there is no evidence of him being any of the above.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2008, 11:35 PM
Whilst I agree that there is no contact shot and nothing can be proven... I have to say:

Having viewed the photograph carefully he is braced forwards, leaning towards the dog and lowered, and the position of his arm suggests it is being lowered as does the blur on the end of the stick near his hand.
He is not upright and strong as you would expect him to be when trying to take over a situation, he is reaching towards the dog in front of him.

I would say from the photo (and this is with an open mind because I haven't the foggiest who this guy is!!) his intent is to strike the dog but whether he did or not is not clear.

Whilst I have an open mind because I don't know Prince Edward, anything about him or even who he is (I know, its terrible, my mother can't believe how little I know about the royal family) or anything about his dogs - it could be influenced by what I've seen of other people (ie. that I've seen people who are still happy to hit dogs after a fight has stopped).
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Hi lottie,

Photos can be so hard to read, but given what you have said, the exact opposite could be said of this photo, his body is compleatly the opposite and he is close enough to strike, but looks like he is more trying to chase the dogs off..

I had to have a good laugh at the article along with it, they seem far more intrested in Prince williams beard

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...uelty-row.html
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >