Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I would report this man and show the local authorites the state of his last dog that he had beaten so badly. He should be banned from keeping animals. I'd have him up in court.
Sorry couldn't reply sooner, my connection has been down. The RSPCA actually investigated this guy whilst he had the GSD, but he covered himself and they could find no evidence of abuse. He's a thug with people as well as animals, and so the neighbours were too afraid to say anything or film the abuse.
colliemagic
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Flynn was a stray in Ireland before we rehomed him from a local rescue. He spent the first few weeks watching our other dogs to see how they behaved, and following what they did. We have had him 8 months now and his personality is starting to show.

If you go to stroke his head he will duck down and move away, and the same thing happens if your hand is over his head for any reason. To attach his lead I approach from the side and he is fine with this, I can only guess that he has been hit around the head in the past. Sudden movements also spook him and he will jump up and run away from the person.

He is also greedy for food but this is getting better as he realises that he will be fed regularly. I have no reason on him but the look in his eyes shows he is still wary of people and unsure how they will treat him. I find it heartbreaking as he is such a loving dog and all he wants is love.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Shamus is a really gorgeous boy, and I say that without a hint of bias.

Freddie is a rescue from Ireland who appears to have had a traumatic past. He doesn't like men much and men holding something usually send him into a panic. My 16 year old son Joe, who is 6 feet tall offered me a squash bottle to smell when we first got Freddie. Freddie obviously thought he was going to hit me with it and started a snarling and barking frenzy at Joe. It took Joe months to even partially regain Freddie's trust with patience and treats. Fortunately they are now very good friends. Freddie has scarring on his hocks which looks like he has been dragged or involved in a road accident. He is terrified of large noisy vehicles.

He is a really lovely boy who had obviously received no training whatsoever, but he is a real cuddle monster.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 07:37 PM
he is a stunning boy ,hope in time he forgets . i think dogs are no diffrent from us humans ,if somethink bad happens ,in our lives ,you never get over it ,flash backs ect .brain has its ways to keep bringing things up . dogs are just the same we remember the same way .
with us its willow
she is scared stiff of kids (huddie boys )she just bolts ,and wont go by them ,we bumped into .my nephew in the park the other week (6yrs very quiet boy ) soon as she saw my brother walking towards me .she bolted i had to run after her .my brother couldnt get over it (very sad ). she stood a mile away from him . we even tried to get him to throw the ball ,she wouldnt have it ,even though ,dylan loves playing with him . deff she has been hit by ,young kid .its such a shame as she missing out .allso i ofton think .... what if they had rehomed her with ,family of young boys .she would have been ,scared stiff (we dont have kids )she was the same with men at first but she loves oh now it dos make me wonder just how bad her life was befor us . she lovely
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3