Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
You'll have me in tears in a min, if you carry on. Don't you just love them. I love the smell of puppy breath, but not when they have eaten poo
Elaine xx
What a lovely thread! Bryan still had a bit of puppy smell when we got him (we think he was about 10 months).
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 10:35 PM
He is getting big. Will he grow into those paws?
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2008, 04:54 PM
I spoke too soon! I knew it!

I took him to meet my parents Beagles yesterday. He was fine in the car for an hour and a half (slept the whole way) and when we go there was fine with them. Poppy just ran off, but Jackson wanted to be with him, just on his own terms. Of course Woody, fully charged from his long nap, wanted to play and they were not having it. They both growled at him and tried to run away.

Then, the humping started again!!!! Everytime he went near one of them he mounted them. I pulled or called him away when he did it, but he just looked so confused and frustrated.

We stayed for 4 hours, with two 30 minutes naps in the back of the car to calm down but then I drove home. On the way back he was in the car for 3 hours due to traffic and a very important phone call I had to pull over for. Then we got to the vets where I weighed him, chatted to the nurse and picked up his worming tablets.

By the time we go tback we had just enough time to eat dinner, have a quick walk round the block then go to puppy class.

When he got there he was charged! He wanted to play fight and go for any pup that came near him. He refused to listen to anything my husband and I did with him, had to be pulled of another dog by the trainer for getting over excited (in play fighting) and went for me (teeth bared and biting hard) when I held his collar to restrain him from running all over the place.

Did I over do it with him? I can't help but blame myself for it but want to know where I went wrong. He had lots of stimulation, exercise and sleep in the car so what was it?

I know I shouldn't but sometimes I do worry that he might turn into one of these nutso Springers you hear about! Either that of I need to chill the hell out and accept that he's just a little man!
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2008, 05:58 PM
He was probably a bit hyper after an exciting day so didn't give a very good account of himself at the class. Don't worry. Next week will be better and think how much you will appreciate it when he's good! Being good all the time would be soooooooo boring.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3