View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Use bitter apple spray on the kitchen floor, but make sure you have other appropriate things for him to do instead of chew the floor.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2008, 11:11 AM
ENJOY YOUR PUPPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Our kongs are filled with a biscuit in the bottom, kibble and little treats mixed with either Philly Light or peanut butter, with a gravy bone sticking out of the top and then frozen.

Max and Murphy will spend hours trying to get the last bit of peanut butter from a Kong
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Hi Pidge,

Does he have a meal at lunchtime? I'd leave him there until then if you are confident he doesn't need the loo.

I'd really try to ignore the whimpering. He's safe and warm in there I'm sure, so he is just quickly realising whimpering means he gets his own way. Leave him until he's quiet and settled before you let him out.

As others have said, maybe later on, pop him in his crate and go round the block or nip to a local shop if you have one, only go out for 5 or 10 minutes. The sooner you start to get him used to being on his own the better or you will feel like a prisoner. Short periods at first so he quickly learns nothing awful happens and you will always come back. When you do get back, don't make a big deal of it, just come in, take your coat off, maybe go and put the kettle on, then calmly get him out of the crate and take him for toilets.

Why does James May want to bomb you? Must have missed something there! Not seen any of the new series of TopGear yet!

X
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
ENJOY YOUR PUPPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so glad Murphy is nearly 18 months old.... if I get another dog, it won't be a puppy!!!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Anyone who thinks puppies are hard work has not had kids!!!!!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Elaine, re the walking any offers?
Too far away from you hun, I'm at the other end of the country. you could come and stay for the weekend though or send him first class mail and I will be pleased to look after him. dont think Royal Mail will agree though do you?
Elaine xx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Too far away from you hun, I'm at the other end of the country. you could come and stay for the weekend though or send him first class mail and I will be pleased to look after him. dont think Royal Mail will agree though do you?
Elaine xx
Sadly not ;o(

OK, I'm going to leave him in there. I mean, bloody hell, I'm trying to find a job!

Re the Kong, it's stuffed with markies, cheese, gravy, ice and kibble, frozen and lasts seconds. He needs more stimulating games that are harder I think so will have to research.

Also, just a note. He has been left on his own plenty and is fine with it. I'm not a prisoner at home (esp now I have my new car) but I want to be able to do things at home without worrying about him. It's just that putting him in his playpen just makes him destructive or go to sleep. He doesn't play with his toys. Does that make sense? I may be waffling by now as am freaking out!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by AiredaleKate View Post
Why does James May want to bomb you? Must have missed something there! Not seen any of the new series of TopGear yet!
Not entirely sure, he just mentioned it a few episodes back. It is annoying affluent and snobby, that might be it. I'm only nearby anyway so hopefully I'll only feel the tremor ;o)
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Puppies do sleep LOTS! They have a lot of growing to do, like babies. That's why I was saying that leaving him for long periods in his crate won't do him any lasting mental damage I promise! If he's being destructive, take anything out thet he can damage and you control the toys and when he can have them. I'm sure mine slept the majority of the day with short bursts of playing. The more you do with him, the more he'll expect. Like walking, if you build up their stamina quite often rather than getting tired they'll just get fitter and fitter and need more and more exercise to tire them out.

Gosh, I'm a mean mum aren't I!

X
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >