View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 06:03 PM
I'm 10 years older than my hubby, I nabbed him when I was 30 and he was only 20, so of course his family thought I was some kind of cradle snatcher!!!! We can look back over 20 years now and are happier than we've ever been and have hardly had a cross word between us (apart from when he fitted my new kitchen, then we nearly divorced!!!), so I can now stick both fingers up to his parents!!!! Tell them to keep their noses out, it's you and him that matter and nobody else!!! I had it for many years, but I just kept away from them, and finally so did my husband!!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-10-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm 6 years older than my husband and I too had a relationship with someone 20 years younger than me in between my 2 husbands. I was actually the same age as his dad .
I do think though at 35 your OH's parents should just let him get on with his life and be happy for him.
Kaisersmom
New Member!
Female 

03-10-2008, 06:35 PM
There is 14 years between myself and my Other half. He is 42 and im coimg up to 28. We have been together for 5 years this xmas eve. We have no issues, as long as you love each other thats all thats matters. My mom didnt speak to him for 2 years because of the age difference but she came round eventaully once she knew it was a long term relationship, but we didnt let her bother us.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
It really shouldn't matter......

Tell them to mind their own beeswax
well said vicki ,why dont people ,just mind there own buisness there is allways some one with somethink to say ,as long as you are happy ,tell them to stuff off you make your own life choices
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Hee! Hee! I had my moments
welldone mrs robinson
vincent smith
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-10-2008, 07:28 PM
me&my wife been togever 5years and 3years of that we been marryed now and there is 13 years between us and we are very happy,to us age is just a number if you are happy with the person thats the main thing.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 07:29 PM
I am 32 and hubby will be 41 in November..we have been married for 12 years and have 2 kids..

Everyone said I was after his money...well NEWSFLASH..he aint got any..never has!!

My neice just recently announced she is getting married..and I did have my doubts as she is 22 and her hubby to be is 50.. but they are happy..so thats fine..

(My worries were more about the kids part of it for her)

Ignore everyone and live YOUR life the way YOU want
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 07:30 PM
My first serious relationship was with a guy 11 years my senior, we were together for 7 years, then I got the itch
My husband is just a year older. I know of many couples with big age gaps ( both ways ) and they all seem perfectly happy.

I think it's others that have the problem. At the end of the day, if your happy who's business is it anyway!
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm older than my OH - I'm 23 and he's 21 and we're getting married in a few weeks!! When I was 17 I dated a friend of the family who was 37 at the time it wasn't anything serious, so it didnt bother my parents! but I prefer my toy boys lol - much more fun!!!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 09:42 PM
I don't at all, but I must admit, it's harder if the younger person is very young.

For instance, I wouldn't think twice about a 25 year old being with a 32 year old, but my sister at 16 was with a 23 year old which was a bit odd... and many people didn't like it.

What, strangely, was worse was when she was 15 and with a 19 year old but I think that's because they were having relations and obviously she was under age.

What possibly made it more of a problem was that we never really believed she was treated right in either of the above relationships. So perhaps the age difference had very little to do with it.

But no- if you're happy with someone, what does it matter about age?
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >