Our sister sites
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Good luck!
Let us all know wont you?!
LMAO! I shall be screaming it from the rooftops if we're approved!
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2008, 07:17 PM
good luck
janitor
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-09-2008, 07:19 PM
I don't think ours was a normal homecheck, we had done the lifestyle thing at the rescue and had a reference from our vet, TJ was a bit of an escape artist at his previous home , so we had to have one of our fences raised to 6ft. The home checker came in was shown the garden said good 6ft all round and left.Good luck with your home check.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Now, not too much cleaning today lol x
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-10-2008, 08:49 AM
My OH is at home trying to make the place presentable, at least We still haven't unpacked from our camping weekend, so there is still half a tent spread across the living room and a stack of laundry that needs doing
I've told him not to bust a gut over it, though, because if it's too clean, we won't be giving a realistic impression!
Lara_C
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Believe me, they aren't there to assess your housekeeping skills. They are coming to see you to find out how you will treat the dog, what sort of environment the dog will live in, whether you can offer the experience and love to look after the dog and what the likelihood of the dog escaping is!
artemis
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-10-2008, 06:02 PM
When I rehomed Milo the centre brought him over to me and we went for a walk with the other two dogs. I had given all the preliminary information when I went to see him. They checked the garden was secure and spent over an hour in the house just letting Milo settle down. He never left! A week later they came back for me to sign the adoption papers. The rest is history!
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-10-2008, 09:14 AM
Well, I spent all evening charging around like a mad thing to try to get all my "evening stuff" done before the appointment at 6pm (I had an Occupational Therapy appointment immediately after work, then had to go and feed my neddy and drop off a camping stove) and left my OH at home incase the visitor had to call for directions. I fell through the door half an hour before the appointment, to find out that we had to rearrange for tonight as the home checker got caught at work... so I've got to do it all again tonight!
Shall let you all know how we get on!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 09:35 AM
oh dear , dtill, it can't be helped.

I should imagine the waiting is the worst part for you.

Fingers still crossed then
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-10-2008, 09:54 AM
I hate waiting... I am not a person endowed with a lot of patience when it comes to waiting for exciting events
I can't believe it's not quite 11am... I feel like I've been at work for days trying to make the time go faster! It doesn't help that the team I work for are out of the office today at a conference, so I only have the phones to man and a few bits of my NVQ to work on
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >