Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 09:02 PM
My turn My turn

I'm middle 5o's UGH Olive skin tone, however as many of my age will know the area of top eyelid starts to crease more and either side of the bridge of the nose has now darkened, almost as if you have had late night, I use greens, mauves Pinks and browns in eyeshadow as I have grey coloured eyes, but what is the best lightener to use under foundation so that the darkened area can be lightened
Missy G
New Member!
Female 

04-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Hi Liz Im a nail tech too, have you signed up for Salon Geek forum , its for anybody in the beauty industry, its very addictive.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Hi Liz

I'm starting a nail course in acrylic nails in a couple of weeks. Just want to be able to bring in a little bit of extra cash and advice on how to get started on my own and tips for doing a good job and keeping customers happy. Thanks and welcome along to dogsey xx
liz & kiesha
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Hi Young Stevie
You need a concealer, now there is much debate on the best one so i will suggest 3 that i think are excellent.

YSL Le touche eclat (expensive)
Virgin vie lilac concealer (mid range)
Mememe lilac concealer from Superdrug (value)

Now i know that its difficult to imagine how putting anything purple around your eye area is going to help, you just have to trust me on this one on & its fine once you have your foundation & powder on.
As we get older our eyelids change, so to get a younger, softer look it's important to apply the right colour. Apply a medium toned shadow close to the lashes, over the lid and three quarters of the way up the eye.If your lids seem to disappear when your eyes are open, a wide band of shadow in a deep neutral shade gives definition.
If you want to avoid creased lids don’t use cream eye shadows and stick to matte finishes not pearl.
If you feel nervous about using a liner try using a coloured mascara instead. Dark Navy on the lashes brings out the whites of the eyes and is great for making tired eyes sparkle. Hope that helps.
liz & kiesha
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by Missy G View Post
Hi Liz Im a nail tech too, have you signed up for Salon Geek forum , its for anybody in the beauty industry, its very addictive.
Hi Missy G
How nice to meet another nail tech. Ive seen quite a few forums for hair & beauty but i'm a member of more forums than i keep up with already tbh
Hope you can help me with some of the questions here, 2 heads are always better than one
Missy G
New Member!
Female 

04-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Berger View Post
Hi Liz

I'm starting a nail course in acrylic nails in a couple of weeks. Just want to be able to bring in a little bit of extra cash and advice on how to get started on my own and tips for doing a good job and keeping customers happy. Thanks and welcome along to dogsey xx
Heh , sign up for Salon Geek forum, you can get loads of advice on there.I will warn you though the nail industry is not as easy as it seems.You ll probly find the two day course not enough, but it will be a start.Its taken me about a 1 1/2 years of practice and courses to produce a decent set of nails, I started my own biz up last year, cant say its been easy.Goodluck anyway!Hope to see you on Salon Geek.
liz & kiesha
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Berger View Post
Hi Liz

Hi Berger
Congratulations on your new venture. It does take a while to get going & you need to practice on loads of willing friends first before being let loose on the public, sometimes it feels as if all you are doing is paying out money & giving up your free time but keep at it babe, its so rewarding when you get a nailbiter with next to nothing to work on & then transform her nails into a thing of beauty
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by liz & kiesha View Post
Hi Young Stevie
You need a concealer, now there is much debate on the best one so i will suggest 3 that i think are excellent.

YSL Le touche eclat (expensive)
Virgin vie lilac concealer (mid range)
Mememe lilac concealer from Superdrug (value)

Now i know that its difficult to imagine how putting anything purple around your eye area is going to help, you just have to trust me on this one on & its fine once you have your foundation & powder on.
As we get older our eyelids change, so to get a younger, softer look it's important to apply the right colour. Apply a medium toned shadow close to the lashes, over the lid and three quarters of the way up the eye.If your lids seem to disappear when your eyes are open, a wide band of shadow in a deep neutral shade gives definition.
If you want to avoid creased lids don’t use cream eye shadows and stick to matte finishes not pearl.
If you feel nervous about using a liner try using a coloured mascara instead. Dark Navy on the lashes brings out the whites of the eyes and is great for making tired eyes sparkle. Hope that helps.
Thank you so much, your a star....I will be there on Monday to buy xxxxxx
Koda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Hi Liz - sorry to be a bug!

Im a blonde, medium-skin, not very dark, i wear eyeliner and light beige/lilac eye shadow and rosy cheeks usually

included a photo of myselff....let me know what u would suggest improving?? lighter eye makeup? or diff blush etc
thanks
xxx
Koda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2008, 10:08 PM
woops it came out a bit big, sorry!x
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >