Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Agree that you woodstock and mothership have made the thread light hearted. I just think that the thread starter was a little tactless to cat lovers!
I give up

I apologise profusely to all cat lovers and all cats. I am a very bad person and am going off to write 100 times:

I must not start any threads that may possibly cause offence to people who choose to read it ina certain way
artemis
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Have you ever read a text message and taken it the wrong way? Know I have! Sometimes written text gets a bit lost in translation. Am sure no offence was meant to anyone! I have a cat who takes no nonsense from the dogs. He will not run away no matter how much they provoke him! He just walks off with his tail in the air as if to say " You sooo dont worry me" ! However, he will tease the local dog population at any given opportunity! Local cats sit in my front garden, quite safe from the frenzied hounds behind the window! They just sit there grooming themselves thinking "bark all you like mutts, I am doing it just because I can" Ha Ha! I too have the moggy poulation using my garden as a public convenience, but know that "Hugo" does the same elsewhere!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 07:35 PM
As somebody who dislikes cats and lives in an area where they are prolific, I can sympathise. My dogs get stirred if they see a cat but they dont go ballistic and I can stop them chasing one if I catch them in time.

Just tonight I was trimming some plants in my front garden and suddenly this awful smell wafted round me. I'd only gone and trod in sloppy cat poo which was nestled on my lawn. Cat poo in my garden infuriates me and heaven help any cat I find doing it's business there! The little sods wont come round the back though...

There is something which bugs me about cats as pets. They are the only pet which is allowed to roam free. If a dog gets loose and causes an accident on the road then the owner is liable as the dog should be under control. If a cat causes such an accident then it's a different matter but why should we differentiate?

People argue that cats arent as domesticated as dogs but at one time, dogs were the same only we domesticated them further so we could leash them etc. I just think it's one rule for cats and another for dogs which is unfair as both are pets.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Woops! Think I may have just upset the applecart with my comments and ruined the light hearted thread! I apologise for that but I wont wimp out and edit my thread.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 07:52 PM
There were 2 cats at the end of our road the other week....Teagan saw them and went beserk of course...would they move...would they hell!
Try dragging an 8 stone dog away from 2 stubborn cats, who seem to want to be eaten! lol

On another note......I DO like cats, I had one until a few years ago, when she had to be pts (old age). I just don't like it when they come in my garden and try to kill my rabbits!
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Leanne I respect you for not editing your thread. Although some people jumped to the conclusion that I hate cats (I don't know where they got that from) I really don't hate them. Actually, as a Buddhist I don't hate any living thing.

However, I respect the fact that you don't like cats and I wouldn't be offended by it. Everyone is entitled to like what they like and to not like what they don't like.

On a different note, I found a proliferation of green caterpillars in my organic brocolli this evening. They got a nice trip out to the garden.

(No offence intended to caterpillar lovers, brocolli lovers, people who eat organic veg and people who don't eat organic veg)

Ok, it's past my bedtime now
Holly-Rosee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-09-2008, 09:57 PM
oh they are my green caterpillars,poor things got chased out of my garden by a cat that was being chased by a dog and did'nt come back to my recall, caterpillar borstal for them
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 07:01 AM
Sorry you have that feeling about cats......I have 5, and to be honest they are allowed to go out when they want. Cats are wonders and there is no law that states they cann't. I have always trained my dogs not to chase, not just cats but anything for that exact reason, after all you never know when you maybe out and a squirrel or cats or fox even will run out, dogs unfortunately have a natural chase instinct so here it's a firm ''Leave''. We have an abundance of cats but we have alot of old people who live about and thier cat is thier life.

I'd be more concerned about BYB in his yard to be honest.
ssmith80
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-09-2008, 07:56 AM
I think I noticed somewhere up the thread that someone said they don't blame cats for pooing in peoples gardens because they know their dog does it too.... Well yeah dogs poo in gardens, but surely you don't leave your dogs' poo on the floor on other people's property? Surely you pick it up? :-O

Just an observation!
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 08:11 AM
know what you mean , ive never had a dog that likes cats. they really will go to any length to case .very easily run over
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »