View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Well feeling very guilty this morning, as walked out into garden to discover my wee friendly baby mouse dead in the middle of the path ;( . He was all curled up and looked like he had died in pain and I was just about crying !! ridiculous eh?

We also caught another mouse in our living room last night which freaked me out as I thought they must be living in the sofa or something, but cant find any holes or anuthing so no idea where they would be hiding.

Anyway the one we caught last night gave us a run for our money so at 1230 last night me and OH had all the furniture moved about and were running around the room making grabs for the mouse. I caught him 3 times and he jumped out of my hands each time !!

Finally caught him again and stuck him in a plastic container and hubby released him in the local park. he was mortified walking to the park with the dog and the mouse as he said if anybody spoke to him and queried why he was walking about with a plastic container he would have to say he was taking the mouse for a walk !! pmsl.

anyway, ordered some sonic wall plug ins, and am getting rid of Luca today to gut the spare room and close off some holes that i think might be gaining them access from under the floor.

rip poor wee baby mouse, am sure i will meet your pals later though !!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Awwwww bless it.
If they are being brazen like that Dani I think you may have a few...it would be worth speaking to the people downstairs I think as they have to be gaining access down there first and as long as that is happening they will find a way into your flat.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Awww poor little mousey. I watch one every night, but that is OUTSIDE my kitchen window under the light, eating the leftover bird food, but we did have a lot of them coming into the kitchen when it was being refurbished, coz the plumber hadn't filled in the hole properly where the waste water pipe went out, and that fixed it! I used to buy those little humane boxes and you will always catch them with a bit of chocolate digestive (if you could bear to spare a bit!)or a little piece of chocolate, they can't resist chocolate! Trouble with those is, they get stressed out and end up in a muck sweat overnight I found out to my cost, when I used to take them all the way up to the horse's field to tip the box up and sometimes they were already dead with fright! Broke my heart too coz I love little mices Don't ever put them out in the garden coz you'd be surprised how far they would travel to get back into your cosy, warm flat! Hope that will be the end of them anyway Dani, coz you can't afford to have them running around on your kitchen worksurfaces with Luca around!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Can't remember the brand name of the one in Woolies, but it was the only type they had anyway, and it worked. OH also got an infestation of them and we went into Dyson's in the Galleries in Bristol and they had a different type which consisted of several plugs, you put them on an outside wall to ring fence the house As he has quite a big posh house, compared to my little hovel, we got them. He put one in the garage as well in case the meeces started a base camp there!!! He has never seen any since, and it must be at least a year ago.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Oh dear - i feel for you, i lived in a flat next to railway lines once and we had mice in the flat regularly.

Do you know the only way we got rid of them?

I got two pet rats. We had the rats for a couple of years and there were no sign of mice all that time. The day after the last rat died......the mice where back!!!

Aparantly you don't get mice and rats in the same place......so it looks like you will be getting more pets!!!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Cats here so dont have a mouse problem, unless the cats bring them in but rest assured you wont just have two or three, you will have hundreds if you dont get rid, watch they dont start on your wiring too.

I dont like the inhumane methods either but sometimes its the only way, you only have to miss a couple and the breeding process starts all over again, very quickly!!!!

Good luck, i hope you get it sorted soon!!

I also thought it looked a bit big for a baby mouse, as a baby mouse would have huge ears, adult mice are only about 3-4 inches long, so thats quite big for a baby.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 04:33 PM
well had a yucky day cleaning out the spare room, discovered alot of mouse poop but no obvious points of entry. Found where they are getting in the kitchen and its up the waste pipes for the sink, so getting hubby to completely seal them off this evening. will have to pull out the units though so that will be fun !
Considering bruno sleeps in the spare room, it would appear that he has been letting these mice have their jollies right under his nose !! Feel much better as my house is now clean and every surface wiped so with the holes filled and no other points of entry that i am aware of hopefully we will be mouse free shortly.

the one we caught last night was quite big here he is

now hopefully residing in the local park....
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Awww he's soooo sweet, I just love these! I prefer doormice thoughy - got any of those lurking around????? Same as we had then Dani, up the big hole made for the waste pipe in the kitchen! Good job you found it though. I hope you've made them a bed elsewhere, maybe in hubby's shed or garage???
artemis
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Hi!

Do feel for you and your mousy problem. Used to live in an old cottage in the middle of nowhere. Had the odd mouse, probably brought in and released by the cat! However, had a mouse infestation. Not the cute fieldmice, but house mice. The first I was aware of the situation was I was woken in the middle of the night with what I thought was a moth fluttering in my hair. Wrong! It was a mouse. AARGH! Sharing the bed with a rodent is not my cup of tea. Upon further investigation we found evidence of mice, everywhere. At the back of the fridge near the motor ( nice and warm. In the cupboards. Had made nice nests in two shoe boxes. Chewed holes in the sofa and both chairs to extract nice fluffy bedding material. They were everywhere. Tried traps. No good. Sonic devices. Think they liked the noise! Cat useless! Watching telly one night. Small furry came out and sat bold as brass in front of the fire. Said cat looked, yawned and went back to sleep! Terrier (spookily called Mouse) ! however did the deed! Felt guilty but sharing your home with a lot of mice is not nice. It became a daily ritual. Dog would go mad, sniffing them out. OH would be banging the chairs just to remove them. One night one actually ran up the leg of his jeans! I was bravely standing on a chair in the kitchen when he came running through to the back door ripping his jeans off. Good job we had no close neighbours! He would have been done for indecent exposure! We had to block up the air bricks as that was really there only way in. Mouse dealt with the problem. No more mice. Did not like doing it but remebered the following!

They can get through a space the size of a pencil.

Where there is one there are a hundred (goes for rats too)

They urinate constantly. Yuck!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 06:55 PM
electric plug in works wonders .they will avoid yours and go elsewhere
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3