View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-09-2008, 04:50 PM
In that last picture he looks like he is doing front crawl - bet he (or she) is fast with all those big long legs. !!

EEUUUURRRRGGGHHH
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Been thinking...... if it could walk on water....... you don't think........ you know...... the next Messiah????!!!!! In which case, I've got a date with the devil!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by shaza View Post
I would go and measure the tiles, but wont, as it's still out there somewhere!
Sharon, I reckon those tiles are the standard ones used in many swimming pools and IIRC are about 20mm square so his / her body is about 80mm and with legs about 160mm (That's apprx. 3" and 7" in old money)

The last time I saw anything that big was in the rain forrest in Papua New Guinea, I used to be neutral on spiders but having had to get involved with ticks I now hate the lot of them.

As I said earlier apparently all spiders are poisonous so please be careful when you hunt him down.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2008, 07:09 AM
Have to admit, even though I am not the least bit scared of spiders I'd wince if I saw that in a swimming pool. Big big spider.

Mind you, the spiders that lurk in my house tend to be quite small. Come across the occasional large one which usually gets called Lurch.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2008, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Been thinking...... if it could walk on water....... you don't think........ you know...... the next Messiah????!!!!! In which case, I've got a date with the devil!!!!
You crack me up Helena!

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Sharon, I reckon those tiles are the standard ones used in many swimming pools and IIRC are about 20mm square so his / her body is about 80mm and with legs about 160mm (That's apprx. 3" and 7" in old money)

The last time I saw anything that big was in the rain forrest in Papua New Guinea, I used to be neutral on spiders but having had to get involved with ticks I now hate the lot of them.

As I said earlier apparently all spiders are poisonous so please be careful when you hunt him down.
Oh dont! I haven't stopped worrying all night about where the bloomin thing is now. Last night I had to go out and turn the sprinkler system off - I even went and found some closed in shoes to do it in! I've searched the internet and cant find one that looks the same!
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Have to admit, even though I am not the least bit scared of spiders I'd wince if I saw that in a swimming pool. Big big spider.

Mind you, the spiders that lurk in my house tend to be quite small. Come across the occasional large one which usually gets called Lurch.
It was the nodules on it's back that got me!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2008, 08:41 AM
eeek thats horrible, if I get any big spiders in the cottage they go straight up the Dyson, unless I have my dad or Clive here to rescue me and put them outside.

I would have to drain the pool and refill it, just incase its laid some eggs in the water or something You see, this is why I don't often watch horror movies, my imagination runs away with me
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
Getting in the pool as it's too hot cold wet & windy...again!

He is enormous get him some lead arm bands

Lol that was good Tracy thats one way to get rid of him lol lol
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2008, 10:10 AM
well i would have saved it in case it did have babies
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3