register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: How many people work?
Yes full time 25 41.67%
Yes part time 12 20.00%
Yes but my dog comes to work 4 6.67%
Not at the moment 19 31.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 09:57 AM
I voted for full time (as both of us do work full time) however my OH works shifts so the dogs are actually never left for more than 2 - 3 hours. We also both only work 5 mins away.
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-06-2008, 11:06 AM
I've voted full time. I have always worked and have always had dogs.

I've never had any problems with them being left but, apart from 18 months when we were down to one, they have always had the company of other dogs which I suppose helps.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 11:16 AM
I voted 'not at the moment'. I'm training to be a counsellor and will probably work part time when I go back to work. I think though, if you have the right dog, working full time isn't a problem. My step-dad is a teacher and he's always had dogs and my friend is in CID and has a springer spaniel.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 11:28 AM
We both work full time and we had Cassie on her own for 7 months. She goes for a walk in the morning then she has either a kong or treat ball put down. My nan goes to visit at lunch time for toliet duties.
A long as they have there toys an stuff to do they seem fine and happy.
sallyinlancs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Have you checked out prices of local dog-sitters? I think they advertise in the yellow pages?
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Not working at the moment but I will be soon. It's not full time though it will be part time. Dingo should be able to come into work with me which is lucky. I have worked full time in the past and had dogs though.

Heidi
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 06:33 PM
oh works full time
i work 5hrs but i sometimes leave them for 7hrs (but try not to ) i then have to pop back and give a run off the lead ,as i have to take them to moms to help look after my dad ,so we are out really all day (if that makes sence ) i have however worked very long hours ,with bessey are first dog ,but i would leave her with mom (when she was younger mom that is ) hope you get sorted ,it is worry i know ,they make you feel guilty
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 09:41 PM
I voted that I work full time, which I do; but, I start at 10.00am, my husband gets home at 2.00pm and my daughter is around the house during the day as she works evenings. So my bunch are rarely left alone.

Dawn R.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 09:56 PM
Voted yes but don't work 9-5jobs.

I work up to 55 hours a week, start at 7am, usually home at 4pm, go back home at 8ish to take Charlie to school. If I work after 4pm too then Charlie is at home.
At weekends Charlie is also around.
I can also come home when I want during the day.

Also OH works 7am to 7pm, but does 4 days on, 4 days off, so it's not that often we are all out at work and school.

It's very flexible and never causes a problem for the dogs, who do have each other for company which helps.
But tell that to any rescue place that won't let us rescue a dog .... I don't hold a grudge lol
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Me and my OH both work full time, I get up at 6am to walk him and he gets a good run off lead, I ccome home at lunch time to let him out, then he gets a HUGE walk/run off lead at night! And pup's completely fine!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >