Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
He's still looking for a lovely new home xx
Oh sheree, you heart must be breaking, there has got to be someone out there for him somewhere....
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Oh sheree, you heart must be breaking, there has got to be someone out there for him somewhere....
It is Janet, its been hard enough finding the right homes for the others but he has this problem and I don't feel it is his fault, I would hate him to go somewhere and get punished for lashing out for being scared. He just needs someone that is happy to have just the one pet, he is so devoted and loveable, thats why I thought I would bump the thread again.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Have you had him put on the books with any rescue centres. Not meaning for him to go into one but they maybe able to point some potential new owners in your direction so you can vet them and make the decision?

Heidi
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Fliggle View Post
Have you had him put on the books with any rescue centres. Not meaning for him to go into one but they maybe able to point some potential new owners in your direction so you can vet them and make the decision?

Heidi
Hello Heidi

I have had some names/numbers from English Setter rescue but, as they are normally a very amiable breed, most people looking have already got at least one dogand arelooking for a companion for that, so not had any luck so far. I'm a bit scared about where I place him as I need any new owners to keep me posted if there are any problems with him, I would hate for him to not settle or to bite another dog and then be taken to the rescue centre and me not know...it's such a worry, it really is.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Is there a club you can contact, so when people are looking for breeders etc, the person is aware of him, some one might want an older dog, who may not have any others.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
Is there a club you can contact, so when people are looking for breeders etc, the person is aware of him, some one might want an older dog, who may not have any others.
I have contacted the English Setter rescue although he isn't going through rescue, but the people on their list already have at least one dog already...I'm not really sure who else to try.

My vets have said that I can put a poster up but I don't want someone to take him on a whim, I really need someone that has been searching for an older lad and is happy to take him on with his problems.

I'm conscious that I'm possibly putting up barricades but I have to be 150% certain that he goes to the right place, if he bites another dog then they may have him put down without even consulting me or giving me the chance to take him back...that would just be the end of me if something like that happened, all because I had made an error of judgement on where he went.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Its quite unusual for the English to not like other dogs isn't it? Thats why most who have one have 2 or more.... I hope he gets a good home, he needs someone so special that will devote themselves to just him... shame you can't do a tv appeal forr him really
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Its quite unusual for the English to not like other dogs isn't it? Thats why most who have one have 2 or more.... I hope he gets a good home, he needs someone so special that will devote themselves to just him... shame you can't do a tv appeal forr him really

Yes Claire, its very unusual for the breed..although I have witnessed one or two at shows that are nasty....Leon won't go looking for trouble but will stand up for himself if he feels threatened...totally unlike all my others who cannot comprehend what is happening if something growls at them xx
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 08:56 PM
oh hun, i so wish i could have him i really do - i love him so, big hugs to you all. xx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Has he always been this way inclined Sheree? I'm just thinking if not maybe it could be something that could be addressed or perhaps he would not feel so threatened with one or 2 other dogs. Just thinking if he hasn't always been the same that he might be able to make a turnaround in the right home. What is he like with greeting new dogs and things like that? Hope I haven't offended you, just trying to throw in some ideas.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >