Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Thanks Evie, it's so true, can't remember my last lie in!
It would seem the if in your final sentence could be an important one....
Lol, I know how you feel.
When will you find out how things go with "Big Pup"? (Sound's abit like the SATC character. )
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Lol, I know how you feel.
When will you find out how things go with "Big Pup"? (Sound's abit like the SATC character. )
He is still only about 12 weeks into his training, but we should know about whether he will go onto the next part in the next couple of weeks. It was all looking good til last week so hopefully all should be ok...he is a real work in progresss at the moment though!
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
He is still only about 12 weeks into his training, but we should know about whether he will go onto the next part in the next couple of weeks. It was all looking good til last week so hopefully all should be ok...he is a real work in progresss at the moment though!
Oooh, so really could go either way with him then! It's terrible isn't it, even after all the work and effort, you still can't help but kinda wish they fail so you can bring them home to stay!

Good luck with it all; what ever the outcome!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks Evie, he is in a win win situation as he will either have a lovely home with us for the rest of his natural...or a lovely working home to go to. He can't lose really...andneither can we...I guess.....
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Hi Ramble firstly I would talk to your son, ask him to be completely honest with you will he mind his holiday possibly being disrupted by the dog.

Next Cosmo, are you sure you can cope with another dog (even part time) when Cosmo is so young. If your son says OK and you are sure Cosmo won't lose out , and you have the time and the energy I would go ahead and good luck xx

Ps Make sure your husband is happy about it too, then no one can grumble later if they are inconvenienced
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Ramble firstly I would talk to your son, ask him to be completely honest with you will he mind his holiday possibly being disrupted by the dog.

Next Cosmo, are you sure you can cope with another dog (even part time) when Cosmo is so young. If your son says OK and you are sure Cosmo won't lose out , and you have the time and the energy I would go ahead and good luck xx

Ps Make sure your husband is happy about it too, then no one can grumble later if they are inconvenienced
Thanks Mini.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Just to update...
It is doubtful that we will board over the summer now (though no totally ruled out), we boarded a 12 month old for an evening (not a dog in training I hasten to add, still a 'pup' and Cosmo and her were nutters, it was exhausting! I imagine it would be the same with a trainee....to top it off, after chatting to the owners of a couple of our pups of late and with other people, we are seriously considering puppy walking again......

It would appear big pup is getting back on track.....
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Really good news about big pup though part of me wanted you to get him back.

It is great that you are thinking of puppy walking again especially after seeing the difference you are making - hats off to you A xx
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Lol, I would have thought puppy training as harder work, Ailsa. But I guess you'd have the hyper excitement every evening when a trainee would come home with you.

Perhaps a break over the summer for you before getting a new pup? Fantastic that you are thinking on taking on another one, hope it all goes well.
xx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 10:03 AM
I think you've aswered your own question! All the cons you thought were cons you had an answer too. Soooo what you waiting for
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >