Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny
a long walk throwing frisbys about

indie likes games to be two way, so i throw the frisby, she runs up to it and looks at me to go pick it up

We play that game too!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2005, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE=Dinahsmum]I think mine tires herself out when she has the opportunity so she sleeps quite a lot too - or just lies 'doggo' resting.

Am I stupid to leave the radio on if she's left on her own? She listens to 6 Music, whereas Eric the cockatiel is more a Radio 2 boy [/QUOTE]
I do this! My dogs like listening to Radio 2, but they don't like Jeremy Vine much!
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2005, 12:50 PM
Not into politics then - or is it his choice of music?????

I think Eric particularly likes Wogan............same sense of humour!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Dinahsmum
Not into politics then - or is it his choice of music?????

I think Eric particularly likes Wogan............same sense of humour!
Both I think!! Nothing to do with the fact that I just can't stand the bloke!!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2005, 01:44 PM
I put the radio on for Teagan when I go out!
doglover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2005, 02:20 PM
Well Sophie's passtime when everyones out is sleep, surprise, surprise. And also chasing cats. But when she wants to she can chase a ball as well.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

10-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Thank you all for your ideas!

It's not for when he's left alone (as thats very rarely - in which case he just sleeps lol) but it's more for in the day time, he's always asking for attention and wanting to play.

Lol that reminds me of one of his recent tricks these days and this happens every night(!), is to lie down, whine and when you look over to him he smiles (yes he actually smiles!!) and wags his tail... do you want to know what hes saying? come and give me a HUG!! lol its almost become routine now!! lol but he enjoys it alot awwwwwwwww what a softy we've turned him into

So basically we need something to occupy him thats more fun than 'we' are! lol
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2005, 06:38 PM
Oh how I envy those with dogs who are just content with a walk then go to sleep!!!

Ozzy is more high maintenance than that, he has to have his brain cells tired out too before he feels pooped. He enjoys training sessions which I vary all the time, learning new tricks and has a variety of different toys which I keep in the bottom kitchen drawer and he is only allowed one at a time - (stops him from getting bored with them so easily!)

He loves his Kong to death too, especially if peanut butter is in the end of it! Animal Planet is a big favourite of his, if that programme is on that's it, he just lies there and watches it for ages with his paws crossed.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2005, 10:16 AM
We have 3 dogs, Beanies to old and we found that bessie just wants to play with him all the time, whiched bugged our old man, bless him, so we went and got another staffie pup when bessie was 18 months old, which worked so well!! But I dont mean you should get one till you are ready to have a puppy!! Before the days when we had Borris our stafford pup, we had loads of chews, kongs, toys and we also played Frisbee and ball with her alot of time!! We would hide the frisbee so she had to find it, now when we lose the frisbee in the massive area where we play with it, we say find it in a high voice and she goes and finds it! Save me energy, lol
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Hours of walks, seeking games; short training sessions; swimming (or paddling pools in summer) and the ultimate favourite, Dog agility.....lol. There isn't enough time in the day.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >