View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Sorry Maureen, we are not sure to whom your replies are made and to what questions except the one about spaying which must be to me.

Now does it have anything to do with it, don't know but I have heard of it happening before. It is not a simple matter of the spaying causing the loss of hair or causing a problem with the skin it could be to do with a reduced immune system being affected by the anaesthetic. It is possible the reduction of female hormones will not have helped although her body may still have retained some of those, it is possible that it was a problem waiting to happen and the spay or rather the trauma of having an operation has brought it to the fore.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Hi there, sorry to hear about your girl's condition, maybe some more details might give people a bit more to work with and advise you, such as when did it start, does she have any allergies, what is she fed on e.t.c.

There's always a shampoo in the dog paper, can't remember what it is called offhand, rose something?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Try Camrosa ointment its fantastic!
That's the one I was thinking of! Should have read the whole thread first.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2008, 02:52 PM
If the vet or dermatologist can find no physical reason for the baldness, then perhaps it is symptomatic of something else, perhaps psychological?

Has she undergone anything stressful that may have caused hair loss? Has her diet been changed?

Bob Grass does an ointment called Skincure, it stinks but it helped my dogs hair grow back on his leg. May be worth a try?
coz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-05-2008, 08:36 PM
hi

has she had any tests ref her baldness,such as blood test or skin scraps.It could be thyriod as mentioned in previous post but just a stab in the dark,could be a multitude of things.
hope you get a result soon,for the comfort of your girl
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3