Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
I'm glad they got what they deserved. Nasty, nasty people. I hope the next time they try it they get it again and worse each time.

How did you know they were gypsies though?
There are quite a few gypsies in the area selling entire dogs for breeding x
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

02-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Glad all turned out ok, hope Icon and Richard are ok!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Just now cross posted what happened to warn agility peeps in the same area, [ hopefully they will also cross post on any other forums they use ].
Hope that was ok hun.

Any joy with the police ? [ Given how they tend not to consider the theft or attempted thefts of dogs as important, even when it includes physical assault ]

Definitely get on to the local papers about it, the scum must be caught and as many people warned as possible.

Its sickening that they try it in broad daylight let alone other times because the laws in this country are so flippin` inadequate, they have no fear of doing it because legally there is no threat to them. Bang `em up for good as far as I`m concerned, give them something to make them re-think their despicable acts which destroy innocent lives
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 08:24 PM
thats dreadfull isnt it ,good job he was with some one who can look after him self .welldone to him ,they really do make me sick people like this do
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Thanks to the vets messing me around so much and my doctors messing me around so much we didn't get to go to the police today, so it'll be a job for the weekend. We don't expect them to do anything, more to just make a statement, so that if anyone else in the area comes forward they can see it was no isolated!

Cross post away ladies and gents the more who are aware of this the better!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 07:34 AM
What an awful experience, I am so glad you had a happy outcome, I thought everyone should be aware that no-one should be complacent. This was a report from the dog paper last week in the Flatcoat Retriever breed notes

"I was walking Hershey (the dog) on Blackdown Common towards the woods I saw a lady up ahead trying to call Hershey to her and thought nothing of it, as I passed her she was still trying to get Hershey to come to her but I passed her with Hershey behind me. As I passed a man came out of the bushes carrying a stick and I exchanged a couple of words with him again thinking nothing of it, about three steps on I realised Hershey wasn't with me, I turned and the girl and Hershey had disappeared, all I could see was this man sprinting away. I blew my dog whistle and started sprinting after them. I heard Hershey yelp and ran like I have never run before, and eventually caught up with them and Hershey. He'd obviously gotten away from them and wouldn't go anywhere near them, I had to grab him to get past them. She was laughing saying how fast he could run, I didn't say anything I as so shocked and felt completely vulnerable not being on a main path. They had covered so much ground I think if I hadn't run after them I would never have seen Hershey again. These people were in their late 30's both had dark hair and he had a goatee. Please warn others and be really aware that if you pass someone make sure your dog is in sight in front of you. This happened so quickly. Please take note folks in all areas"
Kelly1966
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-04-2008, 08:28 AM
OMG good job that was not you then because I doubt you would be able to handle that!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Kelly1966 View Post
OMG good job that was not you then because I doubt you would be able to handle that!
I don't know, I used to do Taekwondo at quite some level - and panic would have set in, then rage.....but no I'm glad it was Richard not me!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 11:38 PM
OMG just seen this...If i was a big strong bloke i wouldnt be able to control myself i would have kicked seven bells of sh*t out of them! Poor wee icon...

Alex
xx
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3