View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

13-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Aw many thanks to you All for all your lovely messages to me and Loki. I do appreciate each one very much.

Well, in total, Loki took 4. She had one about 2 am, then at 3.20 am another and this time I called the emergency number I got from my vet's message on his answering machine, it was the PDSA hospital, where Loki was taken last year when she took 16 clusters. I wanted to know if it was OK to give her the 2nd Rectal Diazepam as I had given her one during the first fit. They told me it was OK to do so, so I did, she was just out of the fit but I was able to give it to her with no problem at all. It was a bit scary for me as I was frightened I would hurt her but she was great! She fell asleep and I sat on my pc until about 6 am and I thought I would try to get a snooze, I fell asleep on the settee and was wakened up (I was really only dozing) when Loki took another - she was in her crate still. I opened the crate door and held her as best I could and she came out of the fit within a minute.

I called the vet at 9 am and spoke to the vet nurse/receptionist and I asked if I could have some more Rectal Diazepam. I am getting 5 more tubes so will collect them later this afternoon. The vet also told me to give her an extra Phenobarb in the mornings until the fits clear, so she now gets 3 phenos in the morning and 2 in the evening! So she got 3 phenos this morning along with her potassium bromide and Milk Thistle. She is a wee trooper and opens her mouth wide for me to pop the tablets down!

I have had her walking up and down the hall and out on the veranda and now she is back in her crate - went in by herself - and she is sleeping, now and not panting as bad as she was.

Again, everyone, many thanks for all your lovely messages of support. Loki says she thanks you as well.

I am just so tired!! The parrots are as well!! They didn't get much sleep during the night and PJ is still sleeping, Soochie is being her normal self - biting the bottom of her cage driving me mad

Take care all
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the update on Loki, i feel so sad that she went through so much poor thing, you are such a saint and i don't know how you manage, she's lucky to have you. Please keeps us updated still on how she is.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 02:25 PM
You poor things, what a worrying time for you.
I really hope things improve and that you and Loki have a better night tonight.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 03:03 PM
So sorry to hear this of poor Loki. Fingers crossed for a great improvement and hopefully for a peaceful night for you both tonight.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Just caught this - hope Loki is feeling better now - such a scary time when it keeps happening.

Hope you have had some sleep now.

Best wishes,

Rachel
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 03:12 PM
I hope you have a better night tonight and that the fits stop soon. It must be so worrying as you are constantly waiting for the next one to come.Some more Fudge cuddles to get you through tonight.
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Glad you are all ok. Hope the parrots get a better night's sleep tonight!!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Poor Loki, sorry to hear she's had 2 fits. Bet it helped her having you there to comfort her afterwards.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 05:01 PM
What a terrible night for both of you Rose, I'm really sorry, especially as it's been such a long time since her last phase of them. I'm glad she seems ok now, and as I said before, she is very lucky to have such a knowledgeable and caring mum. Let her sleep now she really must need it, and tell that Soochie to keep quiet to let her sleep!!! Let's hope it's going to be another long, long time before she gets another bout of them. You must be exhausted, poor you, this must be awful for the pair of you. Take care, hugs from me and Georgie and kisses for Loki when she wakes up.xxxxx
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Sorry to here loki hasnt been well, hope everything works out ok.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »