View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 10:28 AM
i could do this or next weekend providing it was saturday and not sunday.

and beecraigs is fine for me - although have to say that if the weather is good then it will be heaving as it generally is.

dani
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 10:52 AM
With having Ben at home I can only really do walks at John Muir or Yellowcraig or somewhere equal distance of here. Once he is a bit bigger and the weather is better, I should be able to travel a bit further.

Have a great walk - remember the photos!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
awe come and meet our lot,,we would never outcast ya x
lol, you say that now with such confidence!

Basically Hali what happened was, I was quite ill for a few weeks with a chest infection (I have athsma too so it was a bit nasty) and I stopped walking with them for a while and started taking mine up to the wee field just 2 mins behind my house as it is closer and I could just let them offlead there and they could have a run about together then i'd bring them home. The place i'd walk with the walkers previously was a 20 min walk away and by the time I got there I was gasping for breath and then had to walk all the way down the field and back, then back home, so I just couldn't do it.

Anyway, when the infection cleared up I started back on my regular walk and I was basically just shunned. Gawd only knows what they'd been gossiping about whilst I wasn't there but one guy in particular was going on and on asking what had I done to Charlie to make him behave! I thought he had confused him with Maddy but he said 'No they were both bad dogs weren't they?' Well i've never ever had any problems with Charlie. He can sometimes be a bit off with other males but never has been with any of their boys, they all got on fine, humping each other and the likes.

Anyway after trying to explain day after day that no I hadn't had Charlie's voice box removed and that he was never an issue, (yes the actually asked that!) they became quite, indifferent shall we say. When they saw us coming they would change direction e.t.c. and make it perfectly clear we weren't exactly welcome. So to hell with it tbh, i've better things to do than worry about how I must have upset people who've obviously gotten themselves in a wee clique now. There's other places to walk but Maddy's lost out on her pals.

A few of them ran over to her the other week mind (there is a footpath going along the field and she was onlead) and she was fine with them so she obviously hasn't forgot about them. When this happened though their owners were going crazy screaming their names to come back to them (to not much avail either), so they were clearly not happy with their out of control dogs conversing with my onlead dog either!

They will still say hello in passing if I see them on their own though. Worst thing is there is a lovely elderly man who i've been walking with since Sadie was a pup (she's 10 now!), so years before any of the others joined us as they only started coming there last year, so it was 'my' walk first that i've now been shunned from!

Anyway end of story, sorry for hijacking the thread!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
I saw a poor Weimie today all on her ownsome in Camelon,she must have escaped from her garden as she looked well looked aftyer.Wouldn't come near me though,xxxxxxxx
Ahhh, food is the key, lol!
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
x-rose-x - is it collies you're worried about? I think you said on the other thread that he gets excited over collies but would that be a problem?
Hi, he would probably get excited, he will just need to realise that not all collies are crazy like Rose, but I was thinking more on how many other dogs are going, as he has only been on walks with 6/7 other dogs before.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Aww, Random, that's so sad, I wonder what rumouring and gossip set that off? It's such a shame after things were going so well.

Perhaps you'll get an opportunity to talk to one of them individually and find out what the problem is, though I can understand how you would just think "s*d them".

Move up here - we're all much friendlier

Originally Posted by x_rose_x View Post
Hi, he would probably get excited, he will just need to realise that not all collies are crazy like Rose, but I was thinking more on how many other dogs are going, as he has only been on walks with 6/7 other dogs before.
Is it enthusiastic excitement (ie wanting to play) or does Rose wind Kodi up so that he's not sure how to treat collies?

once you get passed 3 or 4 dogs, I don't think adding more creates any more problems (depending on the individual dogs of course). If anything, I found mine seemed to relax more around the bigger number because the dogs then seem to 'buddy up' with the ones they like, leaving those who didn't want to join in in peace (apart from Caesar falling in love with Stumpy ).
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 11:34 AM
so is anyone doing beecraigs this weekend then? Sat ?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Not sure I can do Saturday - I am hoping to go to Lanark to see Lovezois and her boys.

Would definitely be up for something sometime over the Easter weekend though (which is only the weekend after isn't it?)
chaumsong
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-03-2008, 03:50 PM
I could do next weekend too - depending what time we're talking about?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by chaumsong View Post
I could do next weekend too - depending what time we're talking about?
Well I'm off Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon (Hurrah!!) so any of those days would be ok for me (or more than one for those wanting walks in different areas - e.g. one west, one east.

What day/time would be best for you?
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >