View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 09:59 PM
i think its all wrong ,the poor dogie will be confused ,then there is the ones who have been rehomed few times ,ITS WRONG AND SAD me thinks
Jessie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-12-2007, 12:28 AM
Fancy those poor dogs being passed from pillar to post like that.......
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Sorry Becky for slightly hijacking your topic
..If anyone reads this topic and thinks it would be a lovely to have a dog occasionally for a few hours/days/ because they can't have one full time I would urge them to contact The Cinnamon Trust, they need your help ...
What does the Cinnamon Trust do?

The Trust's primary objective is to respect and preserve the treasured relationship between owners and their pets. To this end the Trust works in partnership with owners to overcome any difficulties that might arise.

A national network of 3000 community service volunteers has been established to provide practical help when any aspect of day to day care poses a problem - for example, walking the dog for a housebound owner. A national fostering service is provided for pets whose owners face a spell in hospital - volunteers take pets into their own homes and supply love and care until owner and pet can be reunited.

Cinnamon Trust also provides long term care for pets whose owners have died or moved to residential accommodation which will not accept pets. Arrangements are made between owners and the Trust well in advance, if possible, so owners do have peace of mind in the knowledge that their beloved companion will have a safe and happy future. Emergency cards are available on request.

When a pet is in the Trust's care,whether short term or long term, because the owner is in care, the owner is kept in touch with visits, if possible, or regular photos and letters.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 10:13 AM
I wonder if it would fall foul of the new Animal Welfare Act?
Becky
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 10:59 AM
bad idea why dont you go down to the local dogs trust and help
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I think this has been posted before. In my opinion it's a terrible idea, those poor dogs are never going to know whether they are coming or going.
Just another way of making money from dogs without thinking of the actual animals themselves
Becky
Just read this post, Thanks Becky, you took the words from out of my mouth. or what?
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-12-2007, 01:13 AM
I think this is so wrong - saw the guy on breakfast TV today - don't believe all the stuff about 'main carers' and rescue etc.. How wrong, couldn't animal protection charities could do something about it? What's next - rent a baby for a weekend if you don't have time for children??? Poor dogs.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Deedee1321 View Post
I think this is so wrong - saw the guy on breakfast TV today - don't believe all the stuff about 'main carers' and rescue etc.. How wrong, couldn't animal protection charities could do something about it? What's next - rent a baby for a weekend if you don't have time for children??? Poor dogs.
Well said!!

I'm in agreement 100%
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Deedee1321 View Post
well said

just money making scheme and the por animals suffer - as usual!
Rio
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2007, 10:34 PM
what ever next
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »