Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Yes you would,
As long as the rescue dog is neutered I can't see the problem,yet rescues would still prefer to keep the dog in kennels,even though the home is there waiting.

Sorry it doesn't make sense when they are always crying out for homes
'rescues' ???
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-11-2007, 10:34 PM
We wouldn't turn an ideal home down if they were perfect in every way apart from having an entire dog. We would obviously try to educate them and the rescue would of course be neutered.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by AnneUK View Post
We wouldn't turn an ideal home down if they were perfect in every way apart from having an entire dog. We would obviously try to educate them and the rescue would of course be neutered.
Same condescending statements, making out you are right.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-11-2007, 10:47 PM
you can't have it both ways dawn. anne just said she would rehome a neutered dog to a home with an unneutered dog, which was your initial complaint. isnt that good enough?
all decent rescues give out education, as i assume do all decent breeders.
that is a problem because?
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-11-2007, 01:45 AM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Would you neuter your current dog if it was a requirement the rescue insisted on before placing the dog with you?
(Bearing in mind all other checks were passed)
are they asking you to neuter the dog you already have before they will give you another one ? if so thats cheeky
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-11-2007, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
are they asking you to neuter the dog you already have before they will give you another one ? if so thats cheeky
Yep

& like I said - it must reduce the number of dogs they rehome.

Daft
Maryan
New Member!
Female 

02-11-2007, 07:59 AM
I was reading the policy of one recue centre and they insisted that people who rehome bitches from them should have them spayed which is fair enough. It then went on to say that if the new owners didn't have the bitches spayed any puppies they might have would belong to the rescue. I can see in one sense where they're coming from, especially with people who have never owned a dog before, but surely if someone's given one of their dogs a home and donated money then that dog and any resultant puppies should belong to the new owner?. I don't think dogs should be having pups for the sake of it especially with the number of dogs in need of a home but what if the new owners are experienced and know what they're doing and could find homes themselves? I couldn't get my head around that policy when I read it and I don't know how they've managed to find new homes for their dogs.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Maryan View Post
I was reading the policy of one recue centre and they insisted that people who rehome bitches from them should have them spayed which is fair enough. It then went on to say that if the new owners didn't have the bitches spayed any puppies they might have would belong to the rescue.
If they're not going to neuter them before going they should at least be following up to make sure they get done
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Maryan View Post
I was reading the policy of one recue centre and they insisted that people who rehome bitches from them should have them spayed which is fair enough. It then went on to say that if the new owners didn't have the bitches spayed any puppies they might have would belong to the rescue. I can see in one sense where they're coming from, especially with people who have never owned a dog before, but surely if someone's given one of their dogs a home and donated money then that dog and any resultant puppies should belong to the new owner?. I don't think dogs should be having pups for the sake of it especially with the number of dogs in need of a home but what if the new owners are experienced and know what they're doing and could find homes themselves? I couldn't get my head around that policy when I read it and I don't know how they've managed to find new homes for their dogs.
Thats a bit stupid imo the dogs should be neutered by the rescue before there rehomed then the problem wouldnt arise.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
Hello dolly, i think the the OP - and therefore I-mac - were referring to neutering your own existing dog to enable you to adopt a rescue dog if that is the rescues policy.
Some rescues have this policy some dont.
Personally (and as a former rescue member of staff) I dont agree with it, as it causes dogs to stay in kennels when a properly assessed and suitable home is available.
Equally, i believe all rescues should be neutered, either by the rescue at the time or later by the owner as part of the adoption contract.
If the owner doesnt follow the contract, they shouldnt get the dog, nor apply for one.
oh i should learn to put my specs on hun , then i would not spay my own just so i can have a rescue , But would prefer it if the rescue was spayed , xxdk
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »