register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Get rid of heated debates section?
Yes get rid of it! 6 9.84%
no keep it! 29 47.54%
no but get people to follow the rules more strictly! 26 42.62%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
kirstie b
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-03-2005, 10:04 AM
Nooooo it musn't be got rid of!! I thoroughly enjoy reading this section I usually type a reply then chicken out at the last minute too Sponge ops:
And DonDon has just made me laugh out loud for the first time today :smt043 :smt005
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Im with everyone else on this keep it but take note of CBT post about the friendly debate sounds like a good idea to me

I have never replied either but i do like a good read
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2005, 12:28 PM
Like several other have said: keep it, but get rid of those who cant debate in a nice and "not personal" way.
Runstock
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-03-2005, 02:12 PM
KEEP IT

Just introduce a yellow/red card system... that would just add to the fun

Wouldnt it be great to be a Ref on that one

Queue starts here
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2005, 06:30 PM
I HATE it when the debate turns nasty and personal..................but I am a fully paid up member of Wimps Anonymous

Seriously, I almost left the forum a few weeks back when there was a lot of apparent personal animosity (not towards me - I really would go then - so now you know how to be rid of me and I haven't enjoyed some of the recent threads.

Heated debates used to be much wider and only a small proportion were dog-related. They were just debates then, not vitriolic and personal attacks. I think it is a shame when points can't be made in a civil manner.

I've seen [complain about this post] links on other fora....could we use this system or would it require a full time mod? Perhaps a link like that could take the post to quarantine until it could be reviewed??????? Don't know, not techno-advanced enough.
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2005, 06:56 PM
i think that is one of the new things thats coming in a 'complain about this post' button
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2005, 08:22 PM
I don't usually get involved in heated debates but I think it's a good idea to keep it.

I think the majority of us are mature enough to accept everyone's opinions, it's when it gets personal is when I don't like it. I'd rather walk away than personally attack someone because I don't like what they say.

I do think that this section should be moderated a little more closely, and the 'complain about this post' is a very good idea
bart
Dogsey Junior

05-03-2005, 06:49 PM
it must be kept its a great section for mature ppl to have there say and enjoyable to read if it becomes a problem why not restrict it so you have had to post 50 times.this takes it away from the ppl who are more likely to break the rules,but what ever you do it must stay lol
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2005, 06:53 PM
i actually think thats a fab idea. as in the past people have joined purely to join in a row so if people have to be senior dogwebbers before they can post in heated debates then we will already know these people and know they are not just joining to cause trouble
Runstock
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by katyb
... so if people have to be senior Dogwebbers before they can post in heated debates
How many posts will that take to become a SeniorDW ops: Surely the knock on effect of that would be people posting inane replys and contributing nothing worthwhile just to fast track themselves to SeniorDW levels
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »