View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2005, 12:03 PM
oh ok, only on part 2 of the book, so havent got far, but by what he was saying about the foxes looking and behaving like dogs after only 18 generations made me think they 'could' have been intentionally bred from there. But then i dont kno anything about foxes
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Mmm Cows -Once had one in the living room ..had to beat it about the head with an action man to make it go
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Murphy
Mmm Cows -Once had one in the living room ..had to beat it about the head with an action man to make it go
pmsl
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2005, 12:08 PM
Sounds scary Katy, I think what we forget though is that they are just acting like animals. More than likely the cow thought it was protecting it's own territory and it's us humans walking into it (even though strictly speaking that isn't true but you get what I mean lol).

Generally if you dont bother cows they wont bother you but if there are young around or something like that they may feel the need to protect.

They can be very gentle animals too, they also taste very nice with mash & gravy.
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

04-03-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Laura
Sounds scary Katy, I think what we forget though is that they are just acting like animals. More than likely the cow thought it was protecting it's own territory and it's us humans walking into it (even though strictly speaking that isn't true but you get what I mean lol).

Generally if you dont bother cows they wont bother you but if there are young around or something like that they may feel the need to protect.

They can be very gentle animals too, they also taste very nice with mash & gravy.
Cows are not territorial and don't do resource guarding, thank god if you have every field full of green than why fight over it the resource is everywhere.

However they are curious and nosey and that is why they come over to us most of the time. And Laura is right they will protect their calves. Now Bulls that is a whole different ball game. Loved the Action man weapon.

Stan

With dogs
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-03-2005, 12:31 PM
However they are curious and nosey

You're right there Stan -this cow had come down the lane ..up my driveway...jumped over the gate ...into the back garden ..and through my patio doors ...............all to see my new carpet :smt005 :smt005

and as for the bulls .....well yes it would be a different ball game wouldn't it :smt005
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2005, 12:32 PM
i think the chow that chased me was just unhinged
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

04-03-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Murphy
However they are curious and nosey

You're right there Stan -this cow had come down the lane ..up my driveway...jumped over the gate ...into the back garden ..and through my patio doors ...............all to see my new carpet :smt005 :smt005

and as for the bulls .....well yes it would be a different ball game wouldn't it :smt005
Forget the action man try an UZI. \is your carpet nice then Is it green?

Stan
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3