02-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Good luck.
Hope the vet had good news for you today
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 01:50 PM
Thanks for all the replies

My mum has just bought Chloe back from the vet. Chloe does not look very happy! They had to sedate her and she's still a bit sleepy and her leg is obviously hurting her from where they had to pull it around to examine it She's asleep at the moment though...

Anyway, they did an x ray and its not quite as bad as we thought originally! The ligament hasn't actually snapped as the vets thought it may have, but it has a pretty nasty tear. We have to somehow make sure that she does the absolute minimum exercise. She's not allowed to get on chairs, not allowed to run or walk too far and she's not even allowed to play with her puppies!!! This could be difficult as Chloe's always running and jumping and chasing things!!

So, we have to take her next week when the puppies have their injections and the vet will look at her to see if she needs the operation. At the moment she's on some pills that she'll probably need to stay on for the rest of her life... But if it makes her better thats good!
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 01:52 PM
aw poor chloe. i hope it does improve i understand how hard its going to be to keep her stillish. whenever i read on here about people who have to do this i cant imagine it!lets just pray she doesnt need an op and improves soon
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Thank You Katyb

At the moment she's being very still... Maybe they could give us some of that gas they knocked her out with? lol

But seriously, i think this may be very hard as she's not always the most obedient dog in the world, she has selective hearing i think (typical lab) and she's not going to like being kept away from her puppies at all... But its only for a week and hopefully we'll have some good news next week
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 02:04 PM
i really do sympathise i cant imagine keeping max still and calm for a week we would have to knock him out
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Once Ally made a stunt and started limping. She tried to climb a tree for apples I think, because she had seen the ponies could reach.

I was told to keep her calm for a week Yeah right. Like that´ll happen

But she was actually very well behaved that hole week. I dont think she had any pain. We got some painkillers from the vet, but I, everytime I took her out, gave her the lead on and it was like she knew to take it easy.

Normally she´s very jumpy and likes bounching of the walls
Never lets a run with the ponies fly by and she always sprints for the mailbox just in case.... (of what I dont know )

I´m glad your dog is fine Jessica and hope the pills will do it for her.
Fingers crossed the news next week will good aswell.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 05:05 PM
Chloe is still very subdued... I think her leg is hurting her though as everytime she moves she starts whimpering, its awful I guess they had to pull it around a bit to examine it properly but it seems worse than ever now. She hasn't got out of her bed since she came home so if she carries on like this i guess we wont have to much trouble keeping her resting...

We're still not sure how she did this to her leg but she has a habit of catching rabbits when she's walked so it was probably done chasing one of those!! There's no way of stopping her once she's seen one though!!!
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 05:07 PM
aw big hugs to chloe max sends her a big kiss aswell they are both in the wars
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Hve you called the vet, to ask if its normal she's acting like this Jessica?
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 07:57 PM
They said she may be a bit sore and subdued for a while... If she's still like it tomorrow we'll ring them back incase it's something to do with the pills. She's just eaten something which is a good sign i think
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >