View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 07:15 AM
Having cats with fish names (Halibut and Mullet) we decided to follow this theme with the dogs.

Kip (Kipper) was nearly Coley (the collie ) or Mac (as in Mackerel).

Finding one for Hoki was a bit more difficult. OH really wanted to call her Chub because she was so fat when we got her but in the end we decided on Hoki (which for those that don't know is a white fish a bit like Hake).
mforster85
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2007, 07:33 AM
when i got nyah she was really timid, shed just got of the ferry from ireland and she just sat there she really reminded me of a little girl i used to look after in a nursery, her name was nyah and she was really cute all the staff loved her so i decided to name her nyah as she was adorable and quiet now shes loud and crazy and i should rename her jezabelle lol
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 08:05 AM
Deccy is short for Declan. As a huge Jilly Cooper fan, mine are named after her novels or main characters and Declan is the Irish character. My new bitch puppy will be called Daisy, to continue the theme..... whether she is crazy Daisy or lazy Daisy remains to be seen!
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2007, 08:21 AM
Rose was named that because I like rose's plus it was my great grans name/is my middle name. She doesn't have her kc name yet still need to think of one and send the form away.

Kodi, really just because I liked that name.
His KC name is Captain Jack, which I got to choose and is after Captain Jack in Torchwood, Dr Who and Pirates of the Carribbean
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 08:27 AM
Megan, a very original name for a border collie don't you think. I actually spent a year looking for her and thinking of loads of names but when I got her no other name seemed to suit her, she was my little meg.
Here she is first week home

Bobby was named after my dad. He was originally called Bodie, or at least for a week and a half whilst I first had him.
I had joked to my dad I was getting another dog, a male one and I was going to call him Bobby after him, because he would be cheeky, stubborn but very loving, just like my dad. I finally got bobs and my mom came over from France to visit as I was not well at the time. She said that my dad was quite upset that my new arrival wasn't named after him after all. So I changed his name to Bobby. It actually really suits him and he's known by others as The Bobster. His show name was actually chosen by RIO on here and suits him very well.
I'm completely useless with names I have to admit and love some of the names used on here. I'm getting my next pup next year so i'm going to post a name the puppy thread I think and get some cracking ideas of you guys
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 08:30 AM
Our first Cocker is called Rosie, breeders surname is Rose, so we thought that very fitting.......we then decided to stick to the flower theme:

Daisy, Poppy, Jasmine,Lily, Bella, Inca, Petal.
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 09:01 AM
When we got Louie his 'breeder' had named him Ludo, which I quite liked and if we couldn't find anything else to suit him I think it would have stuck.
However all the way home we were trying to fit names to him & nothing seemed quite right.
He had to visit both sets of our parents and while at Andrew's parents house his dad said he looked like an Andrex puppy (which has also been said many time since ) so he ended up as Louie loo roll after the toilet paper

Here's the little pudding at 6 weeks
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 09:23 AM
We made a spreadsheet with all our favourite names on and chose Maxwell; but he generally gets called Max unless he is very naughty!

Max at 3 days old....
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Nero and Caesar were named after the Roman emperors, cos the Romans use rotties.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Murphy was already named when we got him. He seemed to like it and it suited him so we left him as is!

Vienna was so called for a longer story. Partly she had the white 'V' on her forehead but not all of it. Basically my grandfather died 6mths before we got her and he left me a small amount of money. I spent it on getting her and also on plane tickets for me and OH to go to florida. (I wanted to spend it on things i can cherish forever like special memories and my baby puppy!)
Anyway my grandma, who died in 1989, was german and my grandfather english and they concieved my dad in Austria. Ok it wasnt in Vienna but in a small village up in the breathtakingly beautiful mountains. But Vienna is a lovely city and i saw it in snow which was wonderful. The 'V' on her forehead just made it even more appropriate! My grandparents were the first people to be married after the fraternisation ban was lifted after WW2 and they got married in this tiny gorgeous austrian village church. My grandad was an intelligent and michievious old wotzit even to the day he died while my grandma was so kind and gentle - Vienna has all those traits and almost has 2 personalities; devil one minute angel the next!. So she always reminds me of them both now that they are gone.
x
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >