View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

31-07-2007, 10:25 AM
Many thanks to everyone for your lovely wishes.

Loki slept until about 5.00 am, woke up and started panting heavily. She took another fit about 5.20 am, another at 9 am and another about 20 minutes ago. They lasted about 3 mins.

She wouldn't take water, so had to make it up with cut chicken breasts and she took it that way. Then (I had run out of the chicken) I gave her Farley Rusks mashed up in water. At least she took the water that way!

I never slept - just dozed - so feel more like "dozey Rosie" than I normally do

I did hold her head - when she first started her fits (they are epileptic fits) I was absolutely terrified! Lucky Star was a great help to me by giving me plenty of links to read up and good advice. That was back in January.

The ones she took in March were really bad and I had to gether hospitalised (as most of you know).

The ones in June weren't as bad.

These present ones are a bit worse but not just as bad as those in March! I did notice that her face didn't pull back as it did back in January and March!

Again, everyone, many thanks for all your good wishes for Loki - I will give her plenty hugs - she is a pet!

Take care.

Rose
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 10:35 AM
That's good new Rose, that the fits are less severe as drug therapy continues.

I have the same thing with my Loki. He doesn't scream now and before he'd urinate and that has stopped.

Big hugs to you and Loki.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 10:47 AM
So sorry to hear about this dreadful night you've had Rose, and I hope that's the last one.I don't know much about these, I've never experienced them, so I only know from what Lucky Star has posted about her poor Loki when he has them. She's you're best help with this Rose, I wish I could do more, but I'm sending you loads of hugs for your dear little girl It must be so very frightening to see her like this, she's lucky he has you to take care of her and get her through it. Awww, I really am sorry, I know how frightened LS was when it first happened with Loki, but I suppose you just have to keep it under control with all the drugs. Poor you, take care of her and cuddle her now, she's been through a terrible time poor girl xxxx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Aww I am so sorry to hear of her fits again, it must be dreadful to experience this, I would be so upset if it were my dog. My heart goes out to you, I do hope she feels better soon and stops fitting

It must be bewildering for Loki too, I bet she doesn't know what it happening
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Just caught this Rose.

Its so awful watching them lose control and not able to help. Hugs to you and Loki

xx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

31-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Hello Everyone and once more, many, many thanks for all your words of support and good wishes for Loki. I called the vet and one of them, Gillian (Loki loves her), I was told would come up to see Loki. She came within 20 mins - the main surgery is in Bridge of Weir, not all that far from here.

Loki, in the meantime, had taken another fit in her cage/crate. When the vet came, however, Loki went to greet her - tail wagging! The wee soul!

Gillian said she would take Loki back with her to their hospital for an overnight to monitor her and to give her valium intravenously along with something else.

Loki went away with her no problems at all, walking down the stairs and into the back of the 4x4!!

I will phone about 4 pm to see how she is.

I will update this when I hear how things are.

Again, Everyone, many thanks for all your wishes and support.

Rose x
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 02:56 PM
So sorry to hear that poor Loki has been fitting again Brandykins,

we had a retriever x red setter with epilepsy & I remember how distressing it could be to see them in a fit.

Bless her little heart for greeting the vet so nicely so soon after another fit, I hope the vet gives you good news when you ring for your update xxxx
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

31-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Hi Rose Just caught up with this and I am sorry to hear Loki has had another spate of fits, but she is in good hands. I know its no use telling you not to worry as we all worry when our dogs are unwell. Comforting hugs and hope it goes well for Loki at the vets, Know you will keep us updated. Take care of yourself too and you know where I am if you want to talk. Eunice xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 03:46 PM
How is she Rose?
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Poor Loki, I hope she is recovering well.
I'm not familiar with this breed of dog, are they prone to epilepsy or is poor Loki just unlucky?
Hopefully the vet will get her medication sorted out and things will get better.
Thinking of you and Loki.
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »