Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 06:37 AM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
oooh how exciting! is this your first time??
you know you can test early i think 3 days before your due! good luck fingers crossed.
It is the first month of trying! we decided whilst we were on holiday that now is as good a time as any! and surprisingly he is really excited...

although he hopes it happens in a few months as he says he is enjoying the "practice"!!!

Alex
xx
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 06:41 AM
[QUOTE=beckyc;1076066]
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post

As for the blue line.... when I was pregnant I couldn't afford one of those tests so I had to do a different one which involved getting up first thing, have a wee (sorry) and mixing it in a test tube, leaving for 20 minutes and coming back to see if a dark ring appeared in the bottom of the test tube.

Im sticking to the supermarket brand ones so they only cost about £4 for two!

So I set the timer and went back to bed, but my OH got all excited as he heard the timer and thought I was cooking muffins for breakfast

As for cravings? It was Loseley greek yoghurt with dark fresh cherries, and jersey royals potatoes.

I hope i have cravings that tasty!

Oh and I didn't touch caffeine at all, no tea coffee coke etc, or alcohol. I always say thats why Charlie slept through from the word go *bliss*.
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
hello
good luck for that blue line...
i knew i was pregnant straight away and i mean like a few days after i would have conceived ( no joke) i was ill, and had agony boobs !!

My boobs havent started hurting at all though so i may not be this month!

anyway - weird food
just wanted sweet things in the morning like toast with nutella, and i just basically wanted to eat all day thats how i got through morning sicknesss by constantly eating - but i would go through phases of wanting one food only and eating it constantly and then totally going off itr and not eating it all again !!!

I craved coffee all the time although did try to curb that a little !!

i totally went off chocolate which was a miracle though !!!

fingers crossed for u here ...
by the way i found the cheap tests just as good as the expensive ones so dont feel you have to splash out on the expensive one.

also i tried it as late as possible as most chance of getting a positive and not a false negative

I must admit i did a test last week not exactly sure when i will start next period as i have just come off the pill so am just assuming 28 day cycle... but that was negative so i may just have tested too early!

good luck

thatnks for the replies guys...

Alex
xx
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 11:55 AM
With my eldest daughter I craved Bowls of boiled sprouts in butter! and second daughter it was Pear drops I got through a bag a day!! (lucky you have free dental whilst pregnant!!!!)
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 09:57 PM
hi alex

just to say i didnt have a 28 day cycle but didnt realise that until about 6 months of trying in between miscarriages .

you can get a ovulation test from the internet that you pee on and it tells you when you are ovulating. might be worth a look to make sure you are "trying" in the right window !!!!! LOL
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Aw good luck. I don't think you should be trying to lose weight aggressively but from what you have posted the healthy choices you are making may well result in weight loss anyway (no alcohol etc.).

I didn't have any cravings at all. Nothing and I was looking forward to wanting to eat coal etc. .

I ate pretty much what I did before but that's lots of salads, fruit and lean protein. I had no sickness whatsoever but lost weight during pregnancy. I found it difficult to eat towards the end because my tummy felt so uncomfortable.

I started off at 8 stone 4 pounds, lost weight and at the end of the pregnancy only weighed around 8 stone 12 pounds. After the baby was born I weighed under 8 stone and while breast feeding went down to 7 stone 3 pounds.

Unfortunately I'm back to around 8 now
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Aw good luck. I don't think you should be trying to lose weight aggressively but from what you have posted the healthy choices you are making may well result in weight loss anyway (no alcohol etc.).

I didn't have any cravings at all. Nothing and I was looking forward to wanting to eat coal etc. .

I ate pretty much what I did before but that's lots of salads, fruit and lean protein. I had no sickness whatsoever but lost weight during pregnancy. I found it difficult to eat towards the end because my tummy felt so uncomfortable.

I started off at 8 stone 4 pounds, lost weight and at the end of the pregnancy only weighed around 8 stone 12 pounds. After the baby was born I weighed under 8 stone and while breast feeding went down to 7 stone 3 pounds.

Unfortunately I'm back to around 8 now

blimey!!!!I hope i manage that doing it healthily as well!

My SiL is breastfeeding and she zipped straight back into shape after a couple of weeks!
She did pilates at home as well while pregnant and ate healthily so this is my plan too!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Here's some stuff from the BBC Website:

Weight gain
Healthy eating is a priority. Don't try to lose weight diets while you're pregnant without medical advice. If you're pregnant, you'll gain weight.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/havin...ncy_diet.shtml
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm now 24+ weeks pregnant, my belly looks like a beach ball and I'm up most nights pacing the floor because I can't sleep I never had morning sickness with my first infact I felt really good having her until in the later months (I had SPD - Symphis Pubis Dysfunction) and feel the same with this one Dreading these last few months now as I know it will come back!

Right now, I eat what I want when I want, never worried about wieght gain when I'm pregnant and I don't think that you should (Theres far worse things in the world that can happen) and as long as you are okay, and the baby is okay, I really wouldn't worry about it. Let nature take its course!
I really wouldn't say that dieting was healthy when pregnant, just eat as healthily as you can and have what you want when you want.
You normally find if you don't eat when pregnant, or skip meals you do tend to feel awfully light headed.
Pregnancy isn't easy so don't make it harder for yourself.

Good Luck with everything x
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
I'm now 24+ weeks pregnant, my belly looks like a beach ball and I'm up most nights pacing the floor because I can't sleep I never had morning sickness with my first infact I felt really good having her until in the later months (I had SPD - Symphis Pubis Dysfunction) and feel the same with this one Dreading these last few months now as I know it will come back!

Right now, I eat what I want when I want, never worried about wieght gain when I'm pregnant and I don't think that you should (Theres far worse things in the world that can happen) and as long as you are okay, and the baby is okay, I really wouldn't worry about it. Let nature take its course!
I really wouldn't say that dieting was healthy when pregnant, just eat as healthily as you can and have what you want when you want.
You normally find if you don't eat when pregnant, or skip meals you do tend to feel awfully light headed.
Pregnancy isn't easy so don't make it harder for yourself.

Good Luck with everything x

I know i will put on weight!

its just i am 13st 4 now and want to get down to 11 st 7

and i am on a diet to lose it but what i am saying is should i stop dieting when i find out or carry on if i am eating healthily?
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 05:02 PM
I myself personally wouldn't diet whilst pregnant no - I think if you were to tell your Community Midwife/Registrar/Consultant that you were on a diet when you find yourself pregnant, they would tell you to stop & to just eat healthily. It can also play havoc with your fertility if you found you were to loose to much wieght and too quickly!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >