View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2007, 04:50 PM
I went to a game fair today and was talking to a lady who didnt this time, for the first time dock her litter of PRT's, she still has 3 left and cant sell them, she usually homes to working folk only, this time she has advertised using other avenues in the hopes that they can find suitable pet homes, which is not somethiong she really wants to do, she has had a couple enquiries, but they are not interested when they have been told they are not docked, seems to me the dogs are the ones suffering here!! WEY HEY for the anti-dockers!!!!
Dawn.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Shouldn't breed if you're not prepared to keep pups you can't sell. Why, if she only sells to working people, did she not dock them then? Makes no sense to me. Besides, people of all breeds have had trouble selling their pups lately.
Becky
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I went to a game fair today and was talking to a lady who didnt this time, for the first time dock her litter of PRT's, she still has 3 lef and cant sell them, she usually homes to working folk only, this time she has advertised using other avenues in the hopes that they can find suitable pet homes, which is not somethiong she really wants to do, she has had a couple enquiries, but they are not interested when they have been told they are not docked, seems to me the dogs are the ones suffering here!! WEY HEY for the anti-dockers!!!!
Dawn.
Dawn, thats not about tails, thats about a woman breeding without having a waiting list in place before producing a litter and making excuses for that failing on her part, there is no one to blame for that but herself :smt018
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Shouldn't breed if you're not prepared to keep pups you can't sell. Why, if she only sells to working people, did she not dock them then? Makes no sense to me. Besides, people of all breeds have had trouble selling their pups lately.
Becky
She shows as well Becky. Whats with the first statement? I dont think you should be judging her, you have been in a position where you had to make tough decisions havent you? Come on, think about it. Just because you give your pups to hearing dogs doesnt mean you have homes lined up does it? you dont, you just give the ones you dont want to them. Re selling pups, my friend had no problem selling 11 Dobe pups, all docked, this lady (who I incidently NEVER mentioned NOT being able to keep them) went the route of the KC showing, she should of sticked with the working folk shouldnt she? Thats what I told her!
Dawn.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Dawn, thats not about tails, thats about a woman breeding without having a waiting list in place before producing a litter and making excuses for that failing on her part, there is no one to blame for that but herself :smt018
It is patch, although I havent seen one, I know I wouldnt like them with tails, i dont care for any docked breed with a tail, but I do know a working person wouldnt tolerate one. Strangely enough, she did have homes lined up, she was scanned for 3 pups, 2 she is keeping herself, a third was wanted by one of the workers on the estate as a pet, so I suppose you could say she had homes lined up, except she had 6!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Having to rehome dogs because they are killing each is not the same as breeding a litter of puppies knowing that most will have to be sold.
As to me giving puppies I don't want to Hearing Dogs this is no different to selling the pups I don't want. I make a decision BEFORE breeding the litter whether they are to be sold or donated. I don't 'palm' off my puppies to Hearing Dogs which I can't sell.
Becky
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
It is patch, although I havent seen one, I know I wouldnt like them with tails, i dont care for any docked breed with a tail, but I do know a working person wouldnt tolerate one. Strangely enough, she did have homes lined up, she was scanned for 3 pups, 2 she is keeping herself, a third was wanted by one of the workers on the estate as a pet, so I suppose you could say she had homes lined up, except she had 6!
Thats not quite the same as having a list of homes for the largest likely number of pups and a few extra names `just in case` before the mating, is it Dawn
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Thats not quite the same as having a list of homes for the largest likely number of pups and a few extra names `just in case` before the mating, is it Dawn
Possibly but I doubt many do have more than they expect to have, its up to her anyway, they wont be going anywhere i expect if she cant find homes.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Having to rehome dogs because they are killing each is not the same as breeding a litter of puppies knowing that most will have to be sold.
As to me giving puppies I don't want to Hearing Dogs this is no different to selling the pups I don't want. I make a decision BEFORE breeding the litter whether they are to be sold or donated. I don't 'palm' off my puppies to Hearing Dogs which I can't sell.
Becky
What I am saing to you Becky, is you are giving puppies away that you cannot sell, arent you? You do not have to be concerned with finding homes as you see the hearing dogs thing as a way to rehome your "surplus" puppies, which you called them. Be fair Becky, if you could sell your pups you would, wouldnt most people? I am trying to say you are judging this person by saying she shouldnt breed if she cant keep them, which was a conclusion you jumped to, yet if it came to you not selling your pups, "more" surplus pups would go the hearing dog route, yes? leaving you with no rehoming issues?
Dawn.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2007, 06:29 PM
er no, I donate my pups because I think it is a superb cause and they can't get enough dogs from rescue, in fact they told me recently that they are having terrible trouble finding dogs from rescue at the moment so they need many more donated pups than they get.
In fact I'm thinking of donating puppies from every litter because they have so few suitable dogs. Yes Hearing Dogs do rehome those that haven't passed their assesment but I do have the option of having them back and I have had the new owners of the 'rejects' tell me what wonderful dogs they are so I am more than happy. I'd rather they passed and went on to change the life of a deaf person but you are wrong to think that I'd rather sell them, I wouldn't. I'd rather they went to a good home and if someone was a superb home but didn't have a lot of money then I'd rather they went to them for less money than to a less suitable home with the money to pay the asking price.
Breeding dogs really isn't about money for me.
Becky
edited to add p.s. I never had problems selling my undocked parsons 8/9 years ago
Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »