31-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Just to make it clear in case anyone wondered, no it was`nt me in disguise
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
That whole story is so unreal it sounds made up.
I can asuure you it isnt i meet people like that all the time at my vets or out walking ., maybe i attract them
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 09:15 AM
I think the guy was an idiot and should have been asked to shut up or leave way earlier than he did by the reception staff.
However I do think it was wrong for your vet to discuss another persons medical details with you, even if he is a friend and the guy was an idiot.
I also think that the dog trapping his tail in the door has nothing to do whether the dog is docked or not. A dog trapping his tail in the door is at the fault of the owner one way or another.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
I think the guy was an idiot and should have been asked to shut up or leave way earlier than he did by the reception staff.
However I do think it was wrong for your vet to discuss another persons medical details with you, even if he is a friend and the guy was an idiot.
I also think that the dog trapping his tail in the door has nothing to do whether the dog is docked or not. A dog trapping his tail in the door is at the fault of the owner one way or another.
I totally agre megan 57 michael should not have discussed this with me , and i also agree the owner where neglectant of the dog and also careless to atch and make sure the dog had cleared the path of the door way before closing it , i feel sorry for the poor dog
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-05-2007, 10:10 AM
what an idiot of a man.....why was this allowed to go on for so long, surely the reception staff /practice manager should have stepped in much earlyer.... allowing someone to be so abusive to other clients

I also agree, the vet was very unprofessional, discussing another client with you.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-05-2007, 10:49 AM
When I take my Dobes to the vets to get their vaccinations I sometimes get some really stupid comments about why would you bring a guard dog in here without a muzzle on, and when I try to explain to them that my Dobes are not guard dogs but family pets the same as there dogs are, they just laugh at me.

Anyway last year I was having the same old debate with this elderly woman in her mid 70's (she had a Jack Russell) when this guy came in with his Golden Retriever and just sat down in the waiting room like the rest of us waiting to be called in to see the vets with his dog sat between his legs.

Well the next thing we all saw was this Jack Russell lunching itself across the waiting room to have ago at this Golden Retriever. Luckily the Golden Retriever was to quick for the Jack Russell and the block was able to deflect the Jack Russell and it hit the ground.

Well you should have heard this woman have ago at this bloke about hitting her beloved dog. Well the end result was that because she had broke one of the main rules of our vets. "All dogs must be on leads and cats in kept baskets". The vet came out and refused to treat her dog and requested that she find another vets.

My point is that you should never try to read a book by its cover. I must admit I was so pleased because Ruby didn't move a muscle all through this.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 11:06 AM
I agree with him that dogs should NOT be docked, but his approach was probably not helpful.
I am surprised that your vet gave confidential information to you about another client though. If I knew my vet had done that, I would be furious.
The bloke was bang out of order though.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I agree with him that dogs should NOT be docked, but his approach was probably not helpful.
I am surprised that your vet gave confidential information to you about another client though. If I knew my vet had done that, I would be furious.
The bloke was bang out of order though.
I dont think my vet had realised just how much information he had given me as he was slightly distracted at the time , and the bloke was telling us anyway ,. he was a complete idiot
Cayley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Talk about making assumptions, the other dogs may have actually had their tails amputated later in life as well .
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >