View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wanda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Wolfie, the owner told the police how close he was, but they just didn't want to know. He got onto NHS Direct (with it being a Bank Holiday) and told them about it and how traumatised he was through it, so there would be a record if needed later.
Rio
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2007, 09:20 PM
I think that you should go CAB( citizens advice bureau)as this was on public foot path, and you were in control of your dog, the farmer should not shot at the dog as he was coming back to you when you called. But i still think that you should seek legal advice.
I hope that the dog is ok, it must have been horrible for you both. The CAB will give you good advice. Just tell them exactly what happened and they will help you.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2007, 09:22 PM
I don't see how the police can ignore such an incident, I think it is worth bringing the matter up with their superiors as well as pursuing the other channels mentioned.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
Wolfie, the owner told the police how close he was, but they just didn't want to know. He got onto NHS Direct (with it being a Bank Holiday) and told them about it and how traumatised he was through it, so there would be a record if needed later.

Sorry Wanda, you did post that

The owner needs to take it to his MP and the papers then. The more publicity, the more likely the police are going to listen.
gaznweebeasties
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-05-2007, 08:58 AM
thats horrible i hope you manage to get this guy prosecuted

the police are cr@p though, my dad broke his hip when he was knocked off his bike by a woman using her mobile phone whilst driving

the police didnt prosecute her becasue they said my dad was riding the wrong way up a one way road, when we checked with them they hadnt gone to right place that the accident happened, even though we gave them the road name and number and also the junction number
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Hope Holly is ok, and her owner. What a traumatic experience.

That man is bonkers! He shouldn't have a shotgun licence. He's the sort that make people shout for tighter gun controls. It sounds like he put Holl's owner at risk and that is a very serious offence. I would be inclined to make a complaint to the police and ask why it isn't going any further.

Helen
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2007, 01:22 PM
This is a disgrace & needs publicising widely. Lots of good advice about who to go to. Local radio night be a good way to go as well.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2007, 02:55 PM
That is terrible, your friend must have felt awful seeing that, god whats the chances of her catching a duck anyway saying that who does this farmer think he is, I 'd get them to check if he even has a valid licence for the gun. Poor Holly hope she makes a full recovery.
Tabatha1
New Member!
Female 

29-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Lobby everyone, police, mp, newspapers AND the RSPCA, get HIM investigated again, also have police investigate his firearms licence.
Please pass good wishes on for Holly
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Poor Holly .

I agree with the other advice and I would also make a complaint about the attitude of the Police.

This is a shocking story, the 'farmer' had no rights at all, why on earth would anyone do that? TBH I would be shocked even if he had been within his rights because no harm was done and the dog was coming under control.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >