View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2007, 08:53 AM
oh dear me!!!!! what a scare for all involved!!

Alex
xx
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Really glad you got him back

My daughter and I were walking Harley in the forest yesterday and as we came up to a twist in the path a spaniel came rushing towards us. We called Harley back to us as the dog had a panicked look to it and carried on walking expecting to see the owner just round the corner.

No owner anywhere so we turned round to see where the spaniel was and he was running like mad along the path we had just walked along - his tail and feathers were full of brambles and he looked desperate. We turned round and tried to follow him but he just ran too fast and didn't respond to us calling him. We decided to walk back to the car park to see if he was there but no sign of him at all. We felt awful but there was nothing we could do except ask people we saw if they had lost a dog. Towards the end of our walk we met a chap who said the spaniel's owner had pulled into the car park just as the spaniel appeared on the path and had managed to catch him.

Apparently the dog had chased a fox the day before and had been missing all night. We were so pleased that he had been reunited with his owner as we had felt terrible for not stopping the dog when we first saw him - it was only when no owner followed along the track that we realised he was lost.
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2007, 12:12 PM
I went all cold when I read the title of this thread.

Im so pleased he is safe and well, I bet you were terrified, naughty boy!
EAD
New Member!
Female 

27-05-2007, 02:25 PM
Im so glad you got him back......what a panic though

Lily took off after a rabbit (I think) on our walk at the end of January and was missing for nearly 2 hours......I thought I was never going to see her again so I understand what you were going through.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Phew, what a relief! Thankfully you have a good neighbour! Naughty boy!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

27-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Oh what a shock for you, IL, it must have been an awful journey back home! I am so glad Kain was already there. It probably won't do that again! Kain was probably frightened too! Good "homing" instinct!

Big hugs to him.

Take care.
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2007, 08:03 AM
It is a terrifying experience I know. We howled when ours went missing and he turned up ten minutes later after being gone for two hours. I don't know if it was coincidence or if it helped him find us.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2007, 12:30 PM
He has been very much more attentive on our walks since his bad experience, I have also been back to basics with him while out and it seems to be working...I bought my nieghbors dog some pigs ears and their cat a remote control mouse for being so kind.
Thanks everyone for kind thoughts for us x
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-05-2007, 12:44 PM
have only just seen this, just am glad to hear he is back safe and sound. I can totally understand how you feel, Cariad is driving me nuts at the moment with the same sort of thing, so she is back on lead until she learns 'leave' and recall again!!!!! Lona, needless to say, is one smug girl, as she is allowed off lead still
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3