View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2007, 08:46 AM
Apparently my OH is a coarse fisherman (well I always thought he could be a bit crude ).

I have been fishing with him many a time as early, early mornings don't bother me.
My job is generally to carry the cool box, light the barbie, cook the sausages etc. It is always interesting to see how many night anglers come out their tents when the smell of sausages wafts round the lake.

I'm good at putting the maggots on for him etc, doesn't bother me at all, and have landed my own fish many a time.

He now has the full tent, sleeping bag routine and has friends to go fishing with so I get a days peace and quiet.
He's off to Limoge in France in June for a weeks fishing with 3 friends...... in my car .
Niknak
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Living in Cornwall I have botht he North and South coasts - even if I don't catch much I enjoy the scenery - love boat fishing too but that's getting too expensive so don't get round to that at all really. Normally I'm a fine weather fisherman - I like fishing but don't like being cold and wet!
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Well, had my first fishing experience today... Loved it.. even though I never caught a thing... Was a wee bit cold and windy which made casting a bit awkward but apparently I did ok for a beginer.... was great fun though, very relaxing
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
Well, had my first fishing experience today... Loved it.. even though I never caught a thing... Was a wee bit cold and windy which made casting a bit awkward but apparently I did ok for a beginer.... was great fun though, very relaxing
Glad you enjoyed it. Excuse the pun but you may (if your Dogsey post count is anything to go by) become 'hooked'!
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Glad you enjoyed it. Excuse the pun but you may (if your Dogsey post count is anything to go by) become 'hooked'!
Already am mate... got the new gear ordered and on it's way.....
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2007, 11:04 AM
One here Although I prefer sea fishing rather than course angling. I did have a go at course last year, but it's a bit too fiddly for me. The hooks are tiny

There's no better adreneline rush than having a large specimen fish fighting on the end of your line As well as developing a good set of muscles

I caught my first smoothhound of the year the other night, I was well chuffed It was only a little one, but a smooth hound none the less
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Niknak View Post
Living in Cornwall I have botht he North and South coasts - even if I don't catch much I enjoy the scenery - love boat fishing too but that's getting too expensive so don't get round to that at all really. Normally I'm a fine weather fisherman - I like fishing but don't like being cold and wet!
I love boat fishing We've got an Avon inflatable dinghy at the moment, but I'm now looking at buying a fishing boat for the summer (it'll be an early birthday prezzie for my OH) I caught my first Thornback ray while I was out boat fishing
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3