Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
Good post... considerate...

I think most smokers would be quite happy not to smoke on the streets.. it's not the most enjoyable fag of the day, but we were put there

don;t worry Ian in a few years time we will get the blame for the ozone thinning from our smoke ....that will be our fault as well
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Smokers can be a tencacious bunch. I can remember standing outside my office in absolutely all weathers still enjoying a smoke

If you smoke, and enjoy it, and have no intention of giving it up, good for you. The government knows there are thousands of you out there, knows that you will find a place to have your ciggie, knows it will continue to make billions out of the tax it charges. All these "prevention" ploys to get people to stop smoking are a bit of a nonsense IMO.

As someone has already said, the govt are a bunch of hypocrits. Everything comes down to money - if it makes money for the govt, it'll never be "properly" banned.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Smokers can be a tencacious bunch. I can remember standing outside my office in absolutely all weathers still enjoying a smoke

If you smoke, and enjoy it, and have no intention of giving it up, good for you. The government knows there are thousands of you out there, knows that you will find a place to have your ciggie, knows it will continue to make billions out of the tax it charges. All these "prevention" ploys to get people to stop smoking are a bit of a nonsense IMO.

As someone has already said, the govt are a bunch of hypocrits. Everything comes down to money - if it makes money for the govt, it'll never be "properly" banned.
nice to see an ex smoker still with a fair opinion
my hubby gave up years ago and he has no prob if i want to smoke like he says he chose to give up and he would never force me to ..thats called marriage in harmony give and take as equals
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2007, 08:36 PM
i'm an ex smoker and I totally believe you have he right to smoke if that is what you choose to do. It's just the anti government posts can sometimes sound as if the government is being blamed for making people smoke to get the money....don't blame them or moan about the cost...it's your choice, if you don't want to pay don't smoke!

BUT just as much as you have the right to smoke, I have the right to breathe in clean air, without it being full of cigarette smoke...so does my son and so do my dogs...

Yes, a lot of smokers are really considerate, I agree...but just as many aren't.

You know you're still exhaling the toxins for up to half an hour AFTER the cigarette is finished...something to think about??
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-04-2007, 08:42 PM
I've never blamed the government for my smoking.... I choose to smoke.... but I did say they are hypocrites for wanting best of both worlds... I think even the most anti smoker would agree with that.... And as for us both having rights... I agree so we should both have a venue to practice our right to either smoke... or non smoke
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2007, 08:50 PM
I agree Ian with the last bit...don't agree with the government being hypocrites part though...sorry. Yes, they tax smokers, but smokers know that and have the choice to smoke or not...I don't see the hypocrisy..some MP's smoke, yes, as for them having a smoking room in Westminster, well, I can't see the alternative in terms of security etc.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2007, 08:51 PM
sorry it was a bit off topic.......
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I agree Ian with the last bit...don't agree with the government being hypocrites part though...sorry. Yes, they tax smokers, but smokers know that and have the choice to smoke or not...I don't see the hypocrisy..some MP's smoke, yes, as for them having a smoking room in Westminster, well, I can't see the alternative in terms of security etc.
They can stop Keep you lot happy
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Yep...but they CHOOSE not to!!!!!!!!!! : )
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Yep...but they CHOOSE not to!!!!!!!!!! : )
Then they can (and should) lead by example.. and stand outside with the rest of us lepers

All done....
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »