Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by skjerstad View Post
excellent, thank you!
what sort of meat tenderiser do you mean tho please.

Not a big wooden block that you bash meat with lol

You get this spray stuff, I guess you can get it from supermarkets, my mum picked it up for me.

I have never used it yet but the way Jess chases Bee's I guess it wont be long untill I use it!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-04-2007, 08:01 PM
You have porbably already thought of it, but get the number of a couple of local vets, my uncle did this and it came in handy when his dog tore a pad almost clean off.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2007, 08:03 PM
I also take a pack of Piriton tablets in case of stings just in case.
Probably wont need it but one of my dogs struggles with the changes in water so we have to take bottles of water for him.
Dont forget a decent torch and a cork screw for yuor wine bottles.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2007, 08:04 PM
What date in June are you going? I will try and get up for then if I can.
My advice is take dry dog food in an air tight container, the heat in the tent and flies can make wet food bad quick.
Buy a bag of ice at the supermarket as well for not only keeping your own food cool but great for drinks & dogs bowls when its hot.
Plenty of alcohol is necessary all that walking is thirsty work!
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2007, 10:00 PM
HI there
I'd take a chain link line rather than a nylon one to attach to the ground spike as Jack went through a nylon one before we'd even got the tent up last year!!! Before we knew it he'd joined the kids playing football and we had to go off and buy a new lead for him ( spares were nylon too!!) Basic mistake thinking he wouldnt chew it. Little B*gger!!
Have fun - Hope the weather is good for you!!
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
You have porbably already thought of it, but get the number of a couple of local vets, my uncle did this and it came in handy when his dog tore a pad almost clean off.
Will get a number off IT for his one, that will prob be the closest, ta.
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
I also take a pack of Piriton tablets in case of stings just in case.
Probably wont need it but one of my dogs struggles with the changes in water so we have to take bottles of water for him.
Dont forget a decent torch and a cork screw for yuor wine bottles.
Think the girls will be alright with the water, but good idea with the antihistamine.

Originally Posted by Luz View Post
What date in June are you going? I will try and get up for then if I can.
My advice is take dry dog food in an air tight container, the heat in the tent and flies can make wet food bad quick.
Buy a bag of ice at the supermarket as well for not only keeping your own food cool but great for drinks & dogs bowls when its hot.
Plenty of alcohol is necessary all that walking is thirsty work!
Prob the 16th till 20th, would love to meet up. Will do dry food with what ever raw we can get on the day from the supermarket, so hope that works. The bagged ice is a good idea too, had thought of taking our own ice packs but they will only last a day or so.

Originally Posted by jackpat View Post
HI there
I'd take a chain link line rather than a nylon one to attach to the ground spike as Jack went through a nylon one before we'd even got the tent up last year!!! Before we knew it he'd joined the kids playing football and we had to go off and buy a new lead for him ( spares were nylon too!!) Basic mistake thinking he wouldnt chew it. Little B*gger!!
Have fun - Hope the weather is good for you!!
Yes, had wondered about the tie outs. Will get them sorted by good time.
Thanks all.
Check out the pics of our pre camping checks. (in dog pics)
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Just to add....

We don't use a spiral dog peg, as they cottoned on to it and ran round until they unscrewed it and ran off attached to it!

We bought a large U shaped heavy duty metal pag from our local camping shop. We used a rubber mallet to hammer it into the ground (about 4 inches) and then tied the dog up to that. They couldn't move!!
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Just to add....

We don't use a spiral dog peg, as they cottoned on to it and ran round until they unscrewed it and ran off attached to it!

We bought a large U shaped heavy duty metal pag from our local camping shop. We used a rubber mallet to hammer it into the ground (about 4 inches) and then tied the dog up to that. They couldn't move!!
A valuable lesson, thanks.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3