Female 

29-01-2005, 05:38 PM
If you are after a game dog then youre on the wrong board Tom
tombotha
Dogsey Junior

29-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Lel
If you are after a game dog then youre on the wrong board Tom
Nope Im not saying I am, I want to be educated on staffy's before I even consider going out and buying one, so if you could it would be nice if you could expalin to me what exactly they mean when they say the show dogs "lack heart and are not at all game"
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 05:43 PM
FIGHTING
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 05:43 PM
People who refer to 'game' often mean aggressive.There is no place in the modern dog world for dogs being bred for the intention of being aggressive.Staffys are feisty by nature but should not be outwardly aggressive without cause.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Tom they are talking about fighting with dogs or badgers or foxes ow whatever else they choose

Gutsy, feisty, game are all the same words dressed up
tombotha
Dogsey Junior

29-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Archer
People who refer to 'game' often mean aggressive.There is no place in the modern dog world for dogs being bred for the intention of being aggressive.Staffys are feisty by nature but should not be outwardly aggressive without cause.
Cheers for the info. Just to make it clear I absolutely hate dog fighting and am not interested in it at all, I just didn't want a dog that has been soley bred for its looks to an extent that it has breathing problems.

Some of the Staffs on http://www.cosmos-staffords.co.uk/index.html are absolutely gorgeous, especially Mason, Blue and Blue Charlie. those are the sort of dogs im after looks wise, I prefer the slight more leggy appearance.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Tom
if you want a pet/show dog/companion who can be allowed off lead around other dogs etc you wouldn't want a dog that was bred to be 'game'.A staffy should be bred from sound FREINDLY dogs who are sociable and well natured....their 'gameness' should not come into it.
How would they expect the countries top winning staff to prove his gameness...in the fighting pit!
pete
Almost a Veteran

29-01-2005, 05:54 PM
well that shows the mentality of these people he is a bad stafford cause he doesnt show gameness well id be more than happy to own a staff that didnt show gameness and i do
tombotha
Dogsey Junior

29-01-2005, 05:56 PM
Tom
if you want a pet/show dog/companion who can be allowed off lead around other dogs etc you wouldn't want a dog that was bred to be 'game'.A staffy should be bred from sound FREINDLY dogs who are sociable and well natured....their 'gameness' should not come into it.
How would they expect the countries top winning staff to prove his gameness...in the fighting pit!
Well now thats cleared up (as I certainly don't want a fighting dog), can anyone here reccomend any good breeders in the Surrey or Devonshire areas? (prefarably of Irish strain dogs as I prefer the talller dog).
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 06:00 PM
[quote="tom"]
Some of the Staffs on http://www.cosmos-staffords.co.uk/index.html are absolutely gorgeous, especially Mason, Blue and Blue Charlie. those are the sort of dogs im after looks wise, I prefer the slight more leggy appearance.
Tom...
Yes some lovely dogs HOWEVER I will say to you note the difference in type of these dogs...they come in many shapes and sizes and hence if buying from somewhere like this(and I'm not saying theres anything wrong in it) you MUST be prepared to take pot luck as to what your pup turns out like.Mum and dad may be the ones you like but when a kennel produces differing types as this one does it is obvuious that their stock does not breed true to type and hence the pup may be completely different.
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »