Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
LOL

Trouble ..thats what I mean..it wasn't her story ..it wasn't her shame ...and surely by the time she had her own children the stigma of leprosy was less ....I think she was cold and heartless ...like her mother ( she was Anna's child after all ...wasn't she ? )

Agree totally
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2007, 02:47 PM
I agree with what you have said Trouble & Murphy, about the beginning being a bit odd when she abandoned Ed.

I would be unlikely to abandon my OH on holiday but I think the whole 'purpose' of Ed was to get her to Crete in the first place. I think that initially she had planned to go on holiday and learn about her family while she was there, rather than go on holiday to learn about her family. If Ed had gone with her she might not have wanted to spend as much time with Fotini because she might have felt pressured by Ed.

I didn't warm to Sofia much either, yes you could see Anna there!

I also read the back page about the work of LEPRA, it amazes me that there is still leprosy in areas of the world when it quotes the cost of curing one person as just £21.

Murphy - if you go back to Crete you'll have to go to Spinalonga, particularly now you know that the island was not necessarily a place people went to die. It would be exciting to see the houses and shops described in the book.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

23-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Well I think she had decided before she went on holiday that the relationship with Ed wasn't going anywhere, but she sprang the news on him the day before she went off on her jaunt and took the car, alledgedly for the day. How long was she gone? I thought "like mother like daughter "to be honest.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Luckily he didn't think enough of her to contact the police or missing persons!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

23-04-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Luckily he didn't think enough of her to contact the police or missing persons!
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Well we soon finished that one lol ..maybe next time we should go for something a little thicker ?.....Like an encyclopedia :smt043 :smt043
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3