Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I think the thread title is unfair, the breed of dog is not significant and anyway I can see no mention of a Border Collie just a 'collie' which could be a cross breed.

For people who are supposed to be anti BSL in other words anti breed discrimination of any kind some people seem all to eager to point the finger at breeds which are not their own.

I think the whole title is sensationalist and does no favours to dog owners in general.
So you dont pull anyone else when they put up topics of pitbull killed child or something along those lines.... The difference between a collie and a pitbull is they are in more danger, along with out Bull breeds and Mastiffs and you never say anything along the lines you have said here on other thread about bull breed attacks.....
Your unfair
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT View Post
So you dont pull anyone else when they put up topics of pitbull killed child or something along those lines.... The difference between a collie and a pitbull is they are in more danger, along with out Bull breeds and Mastiffs and you never say anything along the lines you have said here on other thread about bull breed attacks.....
Your unfair
I don't think it helps to post sensationalist titles for any breed , they appear when people do web searches and don't do any dog owners any favours!
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 08:53 PM
So why have you never said that before and only decided to to say it now, when its about a Collie, but never on a thread about a Bull breed attack?
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 08:58 PM
It doesn't matter one bit what breed the dog is!
Once again someone has gotten injured due to irresposible ownership.

The dogs owners have blood on their hands at the end of the day. It's time dog owners took better care and become more responsible for their animals.

Breed doesn't/shouldn't even come into it.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Evie, I agree, Any dog can be dangerous pure breed or cross breed, its down to the owners.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Oh that's awful... that poor boy.

It makes me so angry that people can allow their dogs to roam like that with no care whatsoever for what they may do and that gives all dog owners a bad name, unfortunately it's only the responsible ones that suffer because of that bad name because they're the only ones that care!

As far as the breed goes, I see no problem with the title, as we so often get 'boy attacked by staffy' etc. I can't see the problem with this title and I agree, whilst a stronger breed could do more damage, more quickly examples such as this serve as a reminder to the public that any dog can turn, and any dog, not brought up right can be aggressive.

The problem people see when they see staffies and similar breeds isn't their strength, it's what they believe their temperament to be like. I am constantly having people say 'oh staffies aren't good with dogs are they' and 'staffies are those aggressive ones'. NO - they just cause more damage IF they turn.

Sorry to have to get onto it but if we're bringing breed into it now anyway...
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 10:08 PM
at the end of the day a dog no matter what the breed attacked the child the dog was destroyed and the boy saved no dog is to be trusted they can turn at any time im just glad hes alright
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-03-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT View Post
So why have you never said that before and only decided to to say it now, when its about a Collie, but never on a thread about a Bull breed attack?
Hayley I have said on many occasions that I do not think it helps when the tabloids sensationalise articles.

No one else on here to my knowledge has tried to over sensationalise a story by changing the title and including a breed which is not even mentioned in the article. If someone had done this with a bull breed you would have been the first to grumble.

The title of the article is
Six year old savaged by dog
there is no mention of any breed in the title , you decided to add a breed which is not even mentioned in the article, it actually says 'collie' which could mean anything.
You called it ..An horriffic dog attack by a Border Collie
Hayley you are supposed to be against breed discrimination yet you contribute to it, I guess breed discrimination only matters to you if it concerns a bull breed .
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 09:54 AM
QUOTE "The dogs in Galliagh go round in packs. There's a field nearby and people won't walk through it because they're scared of the dogs. I've seen pitbulls wandering the streets. Dogs should not be allowed out unless they are on a lead and muzzled. My child could have been killed." UNQUOTE

So where are the dog wardens then? Don't they have any???? Why are these dogs roaming free? We don't have that in our town??? That's what I would want to know!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 09:57 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6458699.stm
The dog has now changed into a Mongrel! The GSD attack looks bad too on the right, the owner clearly not responsible for his dog.
Dawn.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »