View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Have you thought any more about getting a crate Jenny?
Teagan started to eat a dining chair before I got her cage, but once in the cage, she couldn't do any harm.
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2005, 10:57 PM
i leave max with a jumbone jenny he loves them!!! he does the same with rawhides rips bits off and ends up gagging
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 10:20 AM
Hmm the jumbones I know, only takes Luna a few minutes to chew. Then its gone.......
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 04:06 PM
yeh they dont last long once they get into them. i find the activity ball lasts quite a while.

i have thought about the crate again, but sometimes we r out for quite a while and wud not be fair to leave her in there for that long.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 08:27 PM
I have this "Buster Cube" for Luna, but its too noisy (i have people living doownstairs). We tried it while we had carpet in the hall, but Luna didnt find that exciting......
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 11:17 PM
hmm dunno wot to do then.
she hasnt ripped anything up since the last carpet sabotage.
but she still barks when we leave the room. she has also got into the habit of pulling our clothes into her bed, which i think is her wanting to be near our smell? like a comfort thing?

ive been trying to wear her out b4 i go out now by playin frisby with her in garden, which nakers her out quickly
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-01-2005, 05:14 AM
Have you read this thread http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talk/dog1922.html Is there anything there that might help you?

Try giving her an old, unwashed, item of clothing to have in her bed when you are out (and put all your other clothes away )

Is it possible that she can she hear other people moving about in the house when you are out and she is barking for attention?

Have you tried a DAP diffuser, leaving the radio on, etc.?

It is a good idea to give her some exercise before you leave but don't leave immediately as she will still be hyped up from the game. Give her 15mins or so to settle down before you go. Before you go out do you do any training of the type that makes her think? Getting the brain working can be even more tiring than physical exercise.

I would guess that, as it is a recent change in behaviour, something has started it off. You probably will never know what it was. If it continues you may have to go through all the steps of teaching home alone from the beginning.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2005, 11:44 AM
thanks for the link sb, i havea feeling what caused this is that recently both myself and bf have been makin a bigger deal of leaving when we go out for longer, that has probably caused her to bark when we go?
before we used to jus leave and not say anything, but now we say bye to her!

there are also people downstairs she can hear who let her out for a wee when she barks.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2005, 01:45 PM
Loki does this in the hall where he likes to sleep - and he does it when I'm in!!!! I think he just likes doing it.
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-03-2005, 02:09 PM
How old's Indie now?

Don't forget fear periods. Each breed has a different age for these to happen, and most have more than one fear period while growing up. A perfectly happy puppy can suddenly and without explanation become scared of anything, e.g. traffic.

I'd say back to basics on this one, practice her being left alone when you're in the house and only reward when she's settled and quiet.

Becs
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >