Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Think I'd have been a bit more greedy.. and only gave the one finger
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2007, 08:18 PM
The "argument" was that the successful candidate was the best one to do the job, and couldn't be discriminated against for being pregnant. The other side of the coin was, she already had a permanent job there, the temp had a huge mortgage and was facing unemployment for a while, so there was no net gain in personnel to the organisation. In fact it was worse, since the "super candidate" wasn't even going to be there for 6 months ...... now that really is being able to do a good job.
Incidentally, the temp left the same day, I think the second word of the response was "..... off!"
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-01-2007, 08:22 PM
the first line being "I'm" I take it

I know what ya mean.... I think they need to wize up and stop creeping to diff groups... best candidate for the job should get it.. whether it be man, woman, straight, gay, white , black or soddin tartan.... treat everyone the same. That I feel would go a long way to getting rid of racism, which I think can be agrovated by peoples bitterness at the special treatment dished out to those "minorities"
potstillgold
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Marginally controversial, but I personally think the politically correct movement is madness, a self propogating forum for timewasters and bureaucrats. We either have freedom of speech or we don't.....
Live and let live, don't be brow beaten about your beliefs. We are not all the same [thank God by whichever name(s)] and our differences should be celebrated. I would consider myself racially/culturally aware rather than a racist!

Think for yourself is the starting point!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2007, 08:38 PM
the first line being "I'm" I take it
Yeah right........
It's also strange that these places who dish out such treatment have the mentality of "oh she's nowhere to go so she'll do as she's told."
BIG mistake!
I have suffered bullying, victimisation and verbal abuse where I am now (leaving Friday hurray!) at one point I was told to toe the line and be grateful that the Company had offered me a job at my age!!!!
Well 16 months older and I am off to an enlightened company in a job I will enjoy and a 75% pay rise.
Now there's a massive two fingers!
gaz
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-01-2007, 10:59 PM
as i said earlier i think Racism is wrong.
But I also know in my area like many others racism is growing in certain sections ie housing, and if I was one of those waiting for a council house and I knew immigrants where being housed before me I would get upset, but who would I blame. the foreigner or the council.
That is where a lot of animosity is growing and I dont blame any one for feeling that way.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT View Post
Yes a few may use it as a quick buck rips, but many Black, Arabs and Asian people are turned down for jobs due to thier colour, where they are from and faith, many dont sue nor do they quick up a fuss, they just look for another job!
Remember repressing these people wasnt so long ago and it still happens!
Im not sure how to change this but i do think it really does need to change!
It does need to change...So does all discrimination because people get turned down for jobs etc for other reasons which shouldn't ever come into it also. Which is why I think people shouldn't focus soley on racism as being the ultimate intolerance and on discrimination in general.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2007, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
It does need to change...So does all discrimination because people get turned down for jobs etc for other reasons which shouldn't ever come into it also. Which is why I think people shouldn't focus soley on racism as being the ultimate intolerance and on discrimination in general.
A very good point, discrimination can take many forms. Racisim is terrible, but it doesn't make other forms of discrimination any less abominable.

It will change, it just takes time.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2007, 11:27 AM
I think ageism is wrong, also genderism, and discrimination of any type is wrong!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2007, 02:05 PM
I agree Hayley. If it really hurts another person and they don't deserve to be hurt it's all just as bad. I wish people lacked the part that makes it possible to discriminate / disrespect the way some do - that's where animals have it so right!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3