View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Lol Moobli!!! Yes, I suppose you're right there, I never thought about the repercussions, we would end up like America, where they sue you for just about everything! Mind you, I watch Judge Judy and she often has people before her who have been attacked or their dog has been attacked by another dog, and I must say, she's very fair and always asks to see evidence from the vet or hospital. I suppose it's something we already have in place anyway? Surely you can report someone who's dog attacked you or yours?? If another dog did serious damage to either of mine I'd sue the blooming pants off them!!!
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-01-2007, 10:33 PM
£1000 fine I agree with and the max amount of walking dogs at one time I think is a great idea.

But I'm lucky in the fact I have the New Forest on my door step and I think NFDOG kicked up a hell of a fuss about keeping dogs on leads when the Forestry Commission started something a few years ago. Even if they did bring in a law about keeping a dog on a short lead, I'd keep them on a lead round public places or when going on one of the plains where they are frequented by the grockels (sorry tourists but deep in the forest and in quiet encloses sod the law they'd be having a good run off lead
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
£1000 fine I agree with and the max amount of walking dogs at one time I think is a great idea.
I hate that idea. I have two dogs of my own, so usually it wouldn't be a problem. However, when I visit my boyfriend in Scotland I really enjoy taking some of his working collies out for walkies with us too - and the thought of someone telling me that I couldn't would drive me insane ... in fact I am fairly sure I would just ignore the "Law"!!

I abhor the idea of being told what I can and cannot do - can you tell?
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post

Umm not sure if I can
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 12:00 PM
I've got 4 dogs so I wouldn't be happy. I thought 'professional' dog wlakers were restriced as to the number of dogs they take anyway?
Becky
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 12:13 PM
sorry if I am saying the same as others I have not had the chance to read all the posts,
I think its the most silly idea I have ever heard....ffs
what if I was out walking one or two of my dogs and say a cross breed dog or whatever came flying up and set about it / them, I split it up but the owner of the other dog is scared, and will not come and grab her dog which I have a hold of by the scruff and in my other hand I have my rott by the scruff, the two still having a good shout at each other, she eventuly half heartidly has a go at getting hold of her dog, then panics and lets the dog go and squeels, so the fight begins again, If my dog comes out on top so to speak, and has only a few bites but there dog has more injurys, will I be fined ???? its not always the the worst injured dog that is the victim. who comes up with this crud, I do think that a limit to the amount of dogs people walk is good, I personaly dont like taking more than two if I am alone, I only take the three pups to the private estate if im alone as I know the only dogs I will meet are the police dogs who Russell also allows to use the outskirts of the woods and fields,

Oh forgot to ask,,,, what has dog on dog aggression got to do with people being attacked anyway
I beleive the two dont run hand in hand,
Must be more money to be made by local council that way eh, lets face it, I think the amount of people being attacked by dogs is sad but not epidemic, we need to consider this also, these attacks that have sadly ended in a baby being killed and a five year old girl, are not dogs walking down the street and just grabbing a kid, they are within the owners own home and family members, these dogs were also, in the baby case Guard dogs, and in the childs case !!!!!!!!!!! pretty much the same and possibly more,
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I've got 4 dogs so I wouldn't be happy. I thought 'professional' dog wlakers were restriced as to the number of dogs they take anyway?
Becky
I think for small dogs its really up to you, eg if you want to walk four then fine, if it comes right down to it you would more than likely be the one at risk instead of presenting a risk If you know what I mean, eg a dog comes from know where at your dogs, it would be difficult to get them all out of the way so to speak,,,, that said my moneys on the poodles anyday, Kaos got duffed up by two pomms he just kept jumping straight up in the air and trying to run lol.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I hate that idea. I have two dogs of my own, so usually it wouldn't be a problem. However, when I visit my boyfriend in Scotland I really enjoy taking some of his working collies out for walkies with us too - and the thought of someone telling me that I couldn't would drive me insane ... in fact I am fairly sure I would just ignore the "Law"!!

I understand your feelings, I think we have had far to much pushed down our necks recently and we are begining to choke on it,,,,, I am f sick of it all, why the f should we be punnished because of some little f head chav drug dealer wi his burbery hat, I would love to ram it down his f....'n neck,,,,
its bloody raceist, its like saying ok we have had a muslem terrorist or two, so now we are gona curfew them, and make them live within a load of crap laws because they belong to that religon,

sorry rant over,
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Becky
Definitely not YET, they were trying to get it down to 7, but I think they failed. I had a long chat with my local dog warden about this local dog walking idiot totally out of control with all those dogs, so no, there is no law as to how many you can take out at any one time. I want one though!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
Oh forgot to ask,,,, what has dog on dog aggression got to do with people being attacked anyway
I beleive the two dont run hand in hand,
Totally agree Shona. I feel there are too many comments like "what if it had been a child" when a dog has attacked another dog. Dog on dog aggression is completely separate to dog on human aggression IMO.
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »