Our sister sites
Our sister sites
staffer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-12-2006, 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Has she been allergy tested?

Its just we were having those problems with Finn and we found out what was causing it with the testing.
no but i will ask my vet about that thanks
bessey112
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Hi,
My Amy (rotty) used to have terrible skin/coat. It was dull,flaky & itchy. She also got infected scabs.
When i took her to the vets she was put on antibiotics as it was a flea allergy & a reaction to the flea treatment. The vet also told my to give her 1000mg daily of evening primrose oil to help her coat condition. After just a few weeks you could see the difference in her.The scabs disappeared & her coat wasnt so dull & flaky. I also bathed her every week in coal tar & sulphur shampoo.

Nowadays she has 500mg of the oil, bathed once a month in the shampoo & i dont use flea treatment on her.Instead she has 4mg garlic (she is big) in her food every day for 4 weeks then a week off it.She is also fed raw/natural foods.
The difference is amazing,she doesnt scratch,have fleas or ticks & her coat is super soft & glossy.

sarah
staffer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-12-2006, 12:34 AM
thanks everyone for there info i tried advocate and its working a treat i cant thank you enough but the hair is growing back i only used it for just over a week but you can see it working all ready
but please any more info is wellcomed
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3