View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Joe
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-11-2006, 11:10 AM
I think Dogsey has a 'nice' filter. You can't get in if you're not. If you know what I mean
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 11:23 AM
hiya all! wow i didnt expect so amny replys!!

i just thought, why would they have a go at me for finding the best dog for me? we have been researching for like 2 years!!! and still arent looking to buy until next year so we are certain on what we want, you cant change your mind before hand oh no! you just know right away what you want or you are responcible for all the dogs in the rescure homes!! EH?!

crazy! i just went on there and they removed my post / argument with that other person.

i can honestly say ill never go back, some posts havent even been answered since dec 2005!! shows how many people go on there!!!

dogsey rules!
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 11:51 AM
The forum I think your talking about is a Rescue forum so I can understand how upsetting it must be for them when they hear someone is looking to get a certain breed of a certain colour!! My advice would be to go for a bog standard mongrel, my opinion is why buy when so many die Nasty comments just aren't acceptable though, they should be advising you not telling you off
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 11:55 AM
hiya! no its not a rescue site!!!

they just hate people who dont 'conform' to the standard brred, its not 'acceptable' as one said, but if one is in a litter, there still sell it, so i dunno!

although i did go on a rescue site and was told never to buy from a breeder, but thats up to me, one person said 'dont buy from a breeder get a rescue so many needs homes', i thought about it and when i asked where she got her dogs from..... she said 'oh me? i got them from a breeder and i breed them'......

EH!? that just made me think WHAT?!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by knottybabe View Post
hiya! no its not a rescue site!!!

they just hate people who dont 'conform' to the standard brred, its not 'acceptable' as one said, but if one is in a litter, there still sell it, so i dunno!

although i did go on a rescue site and was told never to buy from a breeder, but thats up to me, one person said 'dont buy from a breeder get a rescue so many needs homes', i thought about it and when i asked where she got her dogs from..... she said 'oh me? i got them from a breeder and i breed them'......

EH!? that just made me think WHAT?!
I think most of us know the site you mean - it begins with a C doesn't it?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 11:59 AM
I used to be a moderator on a little dog group (about 500 members), it was before I found Dogsey and it was a lovely little group. Everyone knew each other and I even met up with a few of the members, one of them now is my best friend in real life!

There was always someone online to answer questions or just chat, but then there was a massive fall out with 2 of the regulars, one being the leader of the group, and she just shut it down.

Some of us stayed in touch for a while but it was awkward because we didn't want to take sides, so I only really chat to one person from there now.

After this happened in my yearning to find another group, I found Dogweb, which is of course now known as Dogsey and I have never really felt the need to go to another group, everything I need is right here!

In reply to the choice of breed thought, god only knows how hard that is, and I never really realised the Weimaraner is the ultimate breed for me untill I got one. There are so so many I like. When I got my dachshund I thought they were the breed for me. I researched them for about 2 years before I committed myself, but the Weimaraner seems to be more like me personality wise, if you know what I mean?

Not long before I got my girls I had a shortlist (I say short...) of about 10 breeds! Before that i'd narrowed it down from about 50! When I first decided to get another dog I wrote down all the breeds I thought i'd fancy, looked them up and crossed them off as I realised they just weren't for me.

In the end, I was left with about 10 breeds that would suit me, and making the final descisions was really hard.

You are doing the right thing deciding and changing you mind now, take no notice what they have said!

Even before I got Dusty I had contacted a cocker breeder and very nearly put a deposit down for a cocker. That's how much I changed my mind!
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm a member of several dog forums, and they are all very different. A bit like living in another country if you like.

Personally, I've had little or no trouble adapting. You get the feel fairly quickly, and there's always something to learn. No forum is all good, and no forum is all bad either.

Dawn R.

PS Foxy, I'm a member of that one too, and I go there every day, same as I do here. As I said, none are all bad. Let's not get into a slanging match over 'other forums'.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
I thing most of us know the site you mean - it begins with a C doesn't it?
Oh I think we all know that one
Joe
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Nursey View Post
I'm a member of several dog forums, and they are all very different. A bit like living in another country if you like.

Personally, I've had little or no trouble adapting. You get the feel fairly quickly, and there's always something to learn. No forum is all good, and no forum is all bad either.

Dawn R.

PS Foxy, I'm a member of that one too, and I go there every day, same as I do here. As I said, none are all bad. Let's not get into a slanging match over 'other forums'.
The voice of reason! Are you lost? :smt002
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Nursey View Post

Dawn R.

How do you know its the same one I am talking about?
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >