register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: How do you all travel?
In a crate or cage 21 43.75%
In a harness on the back seat 8 16.67%
In the footwell 2 4.17%
Loose 4 8.33%
Other 13 27.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
In my car it was two large crates big enough for two crew in each, [ with both being comfortable and able to lay down/move easily ], but now having 5 doglets I had to do my usual of going up a vehicle size each time I brought home an additional dog :smt005
Now I have a van, its four custom built crates plus one of my car crates so they all have a crate each, plus I still have room for my other car crate for when I have a friends dog staying with me.
[ The van did have another custom crate but was split in to two compartments which are too small for any of my lot and its not a removable centre panel unfortunately, so I took that crate out altogether ].
The van also has a full side door dog-guard for extra security.
I actually bought the van more for the crates it came with, [ being such good quality ], than for the vehicle itself
Originally Posted by novavizz View Post
Behind the dog guard now I am reduced to having a car.

I previously had a van which was fully caged to my own specifications. It gave me one very large cage and two smaller ones (big enough for a large Dobe ). Ben and Cody had a cage each and Russ, Tern and Nova shared the large cage. It was also carpeted, I was the only person I knew with fitted carpets in a vehicle!!!!!!!! I really miss the van, especially in the summer. I could leave the back up and the side door open and my dogs were safe and cool. If i get the Euro up tonight it would be the first thing I bought - another van!! I miss being higher up too.

Women after my own heart
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by mutthouse View Post
Women after my own heart

Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Cage here. I'm going to buy a lintran box next year though.

Helen
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by novavizz View Post
Behind the dog guard now I am reduced to having a car.

I previously had a van which was fully caged to my own specifications. It gave me one very large cage and two smaller ones (big enough for a large Dobe ). Ben and Cody had a cage each and Russ, Tern and Nova shared the large cage. It was also carpeted, I was the only person I knew with fitted carpets in a vehicle!!!!!!!! I really miss the van, especially in the summer. I could leave the back up and the side door open and my dogs were safe and cool. If i get the Euro up tonight it would be the first thing I bought - another van!! I miss being higher up too.
Mines carpetted It has an extra `false` floor for vibration absorbtion in the back as well, under the carpet.
I wish I`d bought a van years ago tbh. My car, [ Peugeot 505 ], is only 4cms shorter than my van, but the van, [ a Mazda ], as well as being so much better for my crew for all the reasons you mention, is far easier to maneuver than the car for parking, way better on fuel consumption, [ its a diesel ], and I love being higher up. Without a doubt its a far more comfortable drive too, which I never imagined could be the case !

And this is probably not helping you is it, sorry
I just love my van lots
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Im with you Patch the van is the best drive ever, the seating position is better and now i don't suffer with drivers pulling out on that little woman in the estate like i can't drive. My van used ot have carpetting but is in the process of being renewed we use carpet squares cos they are easy

Sorry off topic on my own post
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Our Transit is carpeted.. floors and walls.. with cages, double bed, bunk bed, cooker, sink, cupboard and extra seats for the kids..
My T4 is laminate floored and walled and we are in the process of caging it out and adding extra seats for the kids...
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Hollie goes in the boot, we have secured a lead to the base of the boot which is then clipped onto her harness. She lies on her blanket and goes to sleep.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Our Transit is carpeted.. floors and walls.. with cages, double bed, bunk bed, cooker, sink, cupboard and extra seats for the kids..
My T4 is laminate floored and walled and we are in the process of caging it out and adding extra seats for the kids...
Theres always someone who goes one better

Seriously though, sounds well cool
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Vegas travels in the boot bit with the parcel shelf removed.I dont have a dog guard cause he has never tried to climb forward and likes sitting there watching the world go by.

The git though still wont jump in and i have to lift him.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Theres always someone who goes one better

Seriously though, sounds well cool

We just needed something that did EVERYTHING so we made it ourselves... We also spent a week's holiday in it at Skegness.. me, OH, 2 kids and a Samoyed..(don't think we could do that again not with 2 malamutes now too)

I did have a frontera that I LOVED but just sold it last week as I coudn't get all the dogs in it.. so now we are a 2 van household
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >