View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 12:43 AM
I do think its disgusting, I see the disabled spaces filled all the time at my local tescos & you can easily tell half the time there is no genuine reason when there is not only no badge by often are tiny lil sports cars.

My sisters partner is severly disabled & they have a badge & like your partner Kylie she never uses it when hes not with her because she realize's how valuable that space could be to someone, there should definatly stricter enforcment regarding cars in disabled spots without badges.
Minnie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2006, 08:35 AM
Here in London there is a huge profit to be earnt....you simply have to steal a disabled badge out of a car and then sell it on for about £50 or less if you are that desperate for money to fund your "habit". It makes me so angry

I could rant on for pages about the badges and how people abuse them!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 09:27 AM
That's disgraceful K If only they could be shown what it's like to need these facilities, I don't think they would take it so lightly in future.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by tillytails View Post
But the badge is allocated to a person, not a car. My mother has a blue badge but is unable to drive now. Her badge is used in various cars when she needs transport (mine, my brother's, my sister-in-law's, her neighbour's, etc). About 6 different reg. nos. would be needed in her case and any time one of us changed our car, another form and badge would need to be processed.

The badge has her photo on it. Not sure what else could be done, other than employ more people to inspect the badges.
In this day and age I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to keep more than one reg no. for a badge holder on the computer system etc. If the disabled person is always travelling in the vehicle then it should be fairly easy for them to take it with them where ever they go? If it has her photo on the all the better, but I've yet to see a disabled badge with the persons photo on (not that I go looking, my Dad does! ).

Anyway hopefully people might think twice as it looks like they're cracking down on it a bit.

https://www.which.co.uk/reports_and_..._557_96244.jsp
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 07:11 PM
i saw a traffic warden give a ticket to some one who had placed their blue badge the wrong way around, they had their piccy showing, such a jobs worth it was obious it was an accident, but across the road there was 2 cars with no parking tickets on at all annd they got ignored
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
i saw a traffic warden give a ticket to some one who had placed their blue badge the wrong way around, they had their piccy showing, such a jobs worth it was obious it was an accident, but across the road there was 2 cars with no parking tickets on at all annd they got ignored
Not wanting to go off topic, but yep traffic wardens can be a law unto themselves! I had one try to give me a ticket when I pulled over to end a driving lesson! The engine was still running and I was just about to end the lesson, but that wasn't good enough. I had to pull away and stop somewhere else to get out of the car!

Traffic wardens deserve a thread all of their own!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

26-10-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
This is what annoys me more, when people do just that - use someone elses badge when they're not disabled themselves.
And what's more annoying is all you'd have to do is put the reg no. on the badge to solve the problem, just like on a tax disc.

Some people just need to get off their at lazy backsides and walk instead of claiming someone elses disability.

Putting the registration number on the badge would not work for me as I use the Kangoo sometimes and at other times the Clio and my blue badge needs to be used for both vehicles.

But like you it really annoys me when someone uses someone else's badge and the disabled person is not to be seen.
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Minnie, it is a terrible state of affairs isnt it when people steal a disabled badge from a ill person to sell it, yet you have to be pretty low to buy one too... if people would not buy the badge thier would be no reason for addicts to steal them.

Anyone remember the case a few months ago when a guy working at a bank got punished for using a disabled badge he bought?

I personally cheered, it was great they named and shamed him!

Bens Mum, I have seen that on the high street too, a old partially sighted lady who had newly got the badge was confused about if she showed her badge face side up or not, traffic wardens have a hard job, but it isnt suprising they are despised when they do things like this.

Anglemist, im glad to hear there still are some honest people in the world, if only there were more...

If only there was a way to show people a day in the life of someone who is disabled, they have no idea how painful it is sometimes just to walk those extra few steps, maybe then they wouldnt use up the disabled spaces.
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Oh I just thought I would add im off to the local Asda again in a few mins to get the fortnightly shop, lets see if any improvement has been made after my complaint huh...

Somehow the cynic inside me doubts that very much...
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

26-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Forgot to say that the reason you have probably not seen the picture the of person is that it is on the opposite side of the badge to that which you display showing the date of expiry etc. and as someone already said if you put it picture side showing ins some places they will book you for not displaying the badge properly.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >