Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-09-2006, 03:54 PM
Nice neighborhood by sounds of it....... Mad world
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 04:13 PM
hope the people who battered its brains out with the baseball bat meet the same fate quite frankly as a 10yrd old staffie would have been easy enough to restrain by 3 full grown men - its called a lead and if you cant get a lead I am sure there was rope etc around - does it not take the same amount of time to go and find a baseball bat as it would to get a lead or a piece of rope.

poor poor wee dog.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 04:19 PM
How awful, even the first story about the 5 month old has lots of holes in it, it's like waiting for a bus....you wait ages........then 3 come along a once!!!

You wait, tomorrow there will be another one
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Is there such a thing as 'resonable force'?...Like a law that protects animals the same way people are?...Like if you were attacked and you killed the attacker you would go to jail even though you were the one attacked.

Probably not and there would probably be an outcry if anything was done.

This is far beyond resonable force as I said before and as we all seem to agree.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Shame

But I am going to throw the cat amongst the pigeons here...

Imagine if it was YOUR child? Does not matter about the breed of dog involved thats irrelevant...A matter of life or death what would you choose? The dog or the child?

Hands down my daughter would win every time.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 04:51 PM
I have two Staffie bitches and I love them loads but they are only dogs, and as dogs behave as such, therefore they are treated as such.

People are the first priority and as the dogs owner the safety of my family, visitors, and dogs is my responsibilty so if something happened it would be my fault not the dogs; but as people aren't PTS it would be the dog that would pay the price with their life.

A dog is a dog and reacts and thinks as one. And if this was understood maybe there would be less heartbreak on all sides.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-09-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
Shame

Imagine if it was YOUR child? Does not matter about the breed of dog involved thats irrelevant...A matter of life or death what would you choose? The dog or the child?

Hard to say without being in that position.... but at the moment my anger is aimed toward the owner not the dog. I'd like to think that would still be the case.

If your kid was shot... would you blame the gun... or the hand that held it??
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 04:55 PM
Please no one go off on me on this but if the injurys were very bad (which we dont seem to clear about and they stated that they kept its jaw shut by forcing it downwards on the ground, you could understand there fear at letting the dog up, ie leash , car shed so on
but that said there was no reason to smash its head in with a baseball bat I take it one of them had to let go and get the bat whilst the other 2 held it surely between them they could have contained the dog or even got a board to protect themselfs as they made a retreat to the house even put in a wheely bin would have been a good idea
some people are beyond understanding
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
Hard to say without being in that position.... but at the moment my anger is aimed toward the owner not the dog. I'd like to think that would still be the case.

If your kid was shot... would you blame the gun... or the hand that held it??
Guns are illegal - dogs are not, any idiot can own one. If time was of the essence and it meant that a child could possibly loose their life, I wouldnt take my chances, the dog it would have to be. I'm looking at things from a parents point of view, and would like to think if my child was in a life threatening position due to being attacked by a dog (any dog) that someone would act with whatever force they had to keep my baby safe.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
Shame

of course but lets get sensible here - a 10 year old staffie is what was reported to have attacked - 3 men holding it down - and one "found" a baseball bat - how many people keep a baseball bat handy ? Could the child not have been even taken into a different room away from the dog with the door shut - I find it very very unbeleivable that a 10 yrd old staffie would get 3 grown men off it and eat its way through a door to get at a child.

sorry but yes its sad for the child but if I came home to discover that someone had battered my dogs head in with a baseball bat I would be devastated, the fact that the police havent even prosecuted the owner etc and the way this was reported seems to indicate as usual something else probably going on - as far as I am concerned its now just filling the papers when if there was anything more exciting going on you wouldnt hear about it. its absoulte media sensationalism and what makes it disgusting is the people who actually sound gleeful at battering a dog to death.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >