View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
PONlady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2006, 12:50 PM
Sounds as if they all come from the US, in that case - and we'll get clobbered for VAT from either site

I think that's a bit naughty of K9carts, tho, they should have made it clear the beds were coming from the US, not the UK. Did you get charged shipping from the US? (ie, are they using FedEx to deliver?)

Helena - Esau also sleeps on the cold floor even in the middle of winter! I'm hoping, like you, it will encourage him to sleep on a softer surface. I don't think it's good for them to sleep on hard surfaces all the time.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2006, 12:54 PM
have sent them an email as the British phone number on the site has an asnwephone if i don't get a reply back today i will cancel the credit card that i paid on
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2006, 01:12 PM
that is out of order it seems as if in the u.k we are left behind once again with regards pet products.everytime i need something for my pets it is either priced extremely high or you can't get it i had no idea that site was american,it has got a u.k address and phone number.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-07-2006, 01:24 PM
The Entirely Pets cooler bed works out at £57 and thats including shipping for the large bed. £41 for the bed and the rest shipping. So if VAT is added it should not be that much.

Still a good price considering what I paid for mine in the UK.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2006, 01:37 PM
i have orderd a medium and a cover it was £54 I should have checked shipping so no idea how much they are gona sting me ....
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Sorry, can't remember the breakdown of price, shipping etc...it was quite a while ago now. However, it worked out at around £85 all in (for the bed, shipping and the import tax). Of course, the exchange rate has to be taken into consideration too...don't know what the current rate is.

I thought it was a bit sneaky of K9 carts too but as I couldn't get one in the UK then there wasn't much choice.

Perhaps I should start importing them to sell...sounds like there is a definite markt for them in the UK!!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2006, 09:25 PM
just had an email from K9 ..USA
the cost of postage for the medium and 2 covers is £15 so am happy with that
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Are the beds that you can get over here no good then - I mean the ones you soak in water?
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Are the beds that you can get over here no good then - I mean the ones you soak in water?
I find the soaked ones fine for occasional use...like in this hot weather or for longer car journeys when it's hot. I'm sure if I had a smaller, lighter coated breed they would be perfectly adequate. However, they are not practical for a giant, heavy coated breed who needs a cool spot in the house all year round.
PONlady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2006, 08:11 AM
Sounds as if you pay similar postage rates if you order from either site, in that case. I don't know about import tax/VAT, tho - oh well, we'll find out when they arrive, I suppose!

Re the 'soak in water' ones; I think these are fine for travel as they aren't as heavy to move around, but I agree with Shaynlola, they aren't enough for a bigger, heavily coated dog who needs a permanent 'cool' place to sleep year-round.

Also the filled water beds are better for elderly dogs/dogs with arthritis or joint problems, as they provide better cushioning than the 'soak' mats.

So I guess it depends on your dog!
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >